Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basics Of Candlesticks

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Basics Of Candlesticks

Where do Candlesticks Come From?
    In the 1600s, the Japanese developed a method of technical analysis to analyze the price of rice contracts. This technique is called candlestick charting. Candlestick charts are simply a new way of looking at price; they don't involve any calculations.

What do Candlesticks Look Like?
    Candlestick charts are much more visually appealing than a standard two-dimensional bar chart. As in a standard bar chart, there are four elements necessary to construct a candlestick chart, the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and CLOSING price for a given time period.

The body of the candlestick is called the real body, and represents the range between the open and closing prices.

A black or filled-in body represents that the close during that time period was lower than the open, (normally considered bearish) and when the body is open or white, that means the close was higher than the open (normally bullish).
    The thin vertical line above and/or below the real body is called the upper/lower shadow, representing the high/low price extremes for the period (one period of time measures the duration of selling or buying within the market). As a trader, you can use any time period you want, time intervals may be a tick chart, 1 min, 5min, 10 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, 1 day,

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kazim2k7 View Post
    Where do Candlesticks Come From?
    In the 1600s, the Japanese developed a method of technical analysis to analyze the price of rice contracts. This technique is called candlestick charting. Candlestick charts are simply a new way of looking at price; they don't involve any calculations.

What do Candlesticks Look Like?
    Candlestick charts are much more visually appealing than a standard two-dimensional bar chart. As in a standard bar chart, there are four elements necessary to construct a candlestick chart, the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and CLOSING price for a given time period.

The body of the candlestick is called the real body, and represents the range between the open and closing prices.

A black or filled-in body represents that the close during that time period was lower than the open, (normally considered bearish) and when the body is open or white, that means the close was higher than the open (normally bullish).
    The thin vertical line above and/or below the real body is called the upper/lower shadow, representing the high/low price extremes for the period (one period of time measures the duration of selling or buying within the market). As a trader, you can use any time period you want, time intervals may be a tick chart, 1 min, 5min, 10 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, 1 day,

it is end of this topic?
    about Candlesticks i suggest read this ebook
    it is realy fantastic
    Japanese Candlestick Charting BY:STIVE NISON

i will try to post main part of this ebook here that all use them
    3dblob

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsen View Post
    it is end of this topic?
    about Candlesticks i suggest read this ebook
    it is realy fantastic
    Japanese Candlestick Charting BY:STIVE NISON

i will try to post main part of this ebook here that all use them
    3dblob
    That would be nice, but please don't post it here if it is copyrighted. We don't want FX Egypt to end up in court for copyright infringement
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yeah.. but if there is an free e-book just upload here.. so we can download it and learn

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i'll wait the free e-book... i really want to learn about the candlestick..

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

That would be nice.we wait the book

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yeah stilll wait for books

thegreat

Hi,

I just joined the forum today. Please does FX Open have a demo Trading platform where I can learn to use the Platform before I start trading?
    Last edited by thegreat; 11-27-2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Did not put a question mark at the end of the question.

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegreat View Post
    Hi,

I just joined the forum today. Please does FX Open have a demo Trading platform where I can learn to use the Platform before I start trading?
    Welcome thegreat,
    Just open MT4 terminal use "File" menu, "Open an account" tab.
    Have a good trades.

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thegreat View Post
    Hi,

You can download the platform from http://fxopen.com/Download/fx4setup.exe

Then open a demo as FXOpen Manager suggests.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Please continue post ur candlestics trading strategies. Share ur knowlege with beginners.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

won't the candle stick book be pasted again.
    i'll like to hav a taste of what it contained.Thanks

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but be careful please,if itis copyright protected don't post as some earlier wrote,but you can let the other forumers know the state because some of us are waiting to read what it contained.
    Thanks

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i cant understand one thing about candlesticks, for a time frame closing price of a candle stick should be open price of another candle stick. But I found there were several pip differences are appearing between previous candlesticks closing price and present candle sticks opening price, actually how it works ?any explanation ?

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shettythilak View Post
    i cant understand one thing about candlesticks, for a time frame closing price of a candle stick should be open price of another candle stick. But I found there were several pip differences are appearing between previous candlesticks closing price and present candle sticks opening price, actually how it works ?any explanation ?
    this usually occurs frequently on lower timeframes
    when such thing occurs on the daily or 4h charts the gaps are usually filled back by following candlesticks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast