Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenapa kita lupa yg simple?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Kenapa kita lupa yg simple?

Betul juga kata mamat ni..

Hi all!

Having witnessed a few weeks and months of the factory at work I've come to wonder....why do people need things to be complicated? Vegas and James16 have made it clear to me that you can have a strategy as simple as "enter and exit on slope change, take profit at fibs" and turn out thousands, and I mean this is literally, thousands of pips of profit.
    Compare to systems with stochs, MAs, RSI, bollinger bands and sometimes - and I know this from my own experience - even all at once.
    You end up looking for 2,3,4,5 confirmations and when finally all indicators line up - 90% of the move seems to already be over. Well, at least it feels like it.

So if the simple stuff works - and this is being proven daily on the PF and by traders like Vegas, Diallist, James16 and many others here on the factor - then why do we strive to keep on inventing new ways of combining indicators and learning new rules and rulesets, if the most simple of systems are proven and work?
    Is there maybe some subconscious urge at work here, refusing to let us make money with too simple a system, not being able to say you mastered something as there really isn't much to master other than consistently applying a most basic logic?
    Is it a lack of achievement or the conviction that one doesn't deserve something so simple?
    Why, why do we strive for constantly new (and potentially complicated or just plain different) systems when we have perfectly functional and profitable ones at our disposal?
    Why bother with others?
    Greed in the form of trying to achieve just that little bit more profit by finding the "ultimate" system no matter how complicated or exotic it might be is just another vice in the life of a trader, lost in a state of perpetual searching instead of being set on a path and travelling with a set destination.

So, what are we waiting for?
    What are we looking for that isn't there already?

Something to think about, something I've been thinking about.

sm_smile sm_win
    sm_upset

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

bos, kasi penjelasan sikit lagi. vegas tu biasa, tapi james16 tu sapa yerk...

kalu yg simple dah proven makes profit, tunggu apa lg... on jer...

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

somtimes less is more..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by arinforex View Post
    Betul juga kata mamat ni..

Hi all!

Having witnessed a few weeks and months of the factory at work I've come to wonder....why do people need things to be complicated? Vegas and James16 have made it clear to me that you can have a strategy as simple as "enter and exit on slope change, take profit at fibs" and turn out thousands, and I mean this is literally, thousands of pips of profit.
    Compare to systems with stochs, MAs, RSI, bollinger bands and sometimes - and I know this from my own experience - even all at once.
    You end up looking for 2,3,4,5 confirmations and when finally all indicators line up - 90% of the move seems to already be over. Well, at least it feels like it.

So if the simple stuff works - and this is being proven daily on the PF and by traders like Vegas, Diallist, James16 and many others here on the factor - then why do we strive to keep on inventing new ways of combining indicators and learning new rules and rulesets, if the most simple of systems are proven and work?
    Is there maybe some subconscious urge at work here, refusing to let us make money with too simple a system, not being able to say you mastered something as there really isn't much to master other than consistently applying a most basic logic?
    Is it a lack of achievement or the conviction that one doesn't deserve something so simple?
    Why, why do we strive for constantly new (and potentially complicated or just plain different) systems when we have perfectly functional and profitable ones at our disposal?
    Why bother with others?
    Greed in the form of trying to achieve just that little bit more profit by finding the "ultimate" system no matter how complicated or exotic it might be is just another vice in the life of a trader, lost in a state of perpetual searching instead of being set on a path and travelling with a set destination.

So, what are we waiting for?
    What are we looking for that isn't there already?

Something to think about, something I've been thinking about.

sm_smile sm_win
    Aiyak.. gua xnampak lg la..

menda yg simple2? sm_scramble

memang la die a.k.a mamat tu cite mende yg simple..
    tp mende tu amende? cite la skit...
    ke aku yg pening?

hehe..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

it depends on the situation or type of ppl.. dirfrent ppl wich is more analytical tends to use many methods than others.. other reason is the difrents of trader's budget.. budget trader uses many tools to reduce their uncertainty risk.. the most important thing is u'r comfortable on doing it. wel here, simple doesnt mean bad and otherwise, complicated doesnt mean good..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Yup..i agree with u Jackarse316, all depend on each trader. Most of the trader having different way to trade and different way to analyze market which using different type of indicator. If said, that the simplest indicator or method of trading, but some people dont think its simple...some of them the complicated can be simple..so..depend on each traders to created they own way...i think la! but it happen to me la..

Hihihi! berbelit lidah aku..sib baik dok bercabang! hahahahahaha....salams!
    Regards,

BizonL|ne

Wish to trade FOREX with us? pls click here

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I think system trading is all about youself , it's not about indi or else.
    Beause trade just about psyco and it take your 90% trading control.
    Indi just a math , so they just counting what they get and market is dynamic so it has their own path that sometime match with indi's setting.

So just make youself comfortable when you ready to jump and don't ever ever think that your indi is holy grail. There's no such thing , everything just probability in forex and the holy grail is youself.
    Sometime basic stuff become comfort stuff for trade.
    Last edited by nuyak; 04-02-2008 at 07:21 AM.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Smile Simple...

I agree...simple is good...too much of knowledge lead to uncertainty in action....you dare to enter when you do it simple...you will doubt when you know too much...sigh....

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Smile simple

actually i've posted this in other thread but i realize this thread is the right thread to post this simple basic forex 101 that we came to know when we first came to know trading.

the chart above showing eu tf 5 minutes with no indicator except the price movement and from there we are seeing a clear cut movement of the pair...remember how we pull the trendline line and support and resistance to see a break and enter...well...the basic still works...

ps:/ if break wait till the break candle closes then it is a confirm break.
    Last edited by free_gifter; 06-06-2008 at 06:26 AM.
    How is it that you Exit your position?....Hmmmmm...Buy when there's Blood in the Street....Market are build on HOPE, FEAR and GREED.. toothy9....Tester page..

Join FxMalay and Let You Wealth Grow

Learn the Trend and It will be your friend.....Tradefacts blog

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by free_gifter View Post

actually i've posted this in other thread but i realize this thread is the right thread to post this simple basic forex 101 that we came to know when we first came to know trading.

the chart above showing eu tf 5 minutes with no indicator except the price movement and from there we are seeing a clear cut movement of the pair...remember how we pull the trendline line and support and resistance to see a break and enter...well...the basic still works...

kabuurrr je aku tengok ne.

ape yg simple tu?
    "Masih banyak yang perlu diketahui , dipelajari , difahami dan diamalkan."

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

chart above showing eu tf 5 minutes with no indicator except the price movement and from there we are seeing a clear cut movement of the pair...remember how we pull the trendline line and support and resistance to see a break and enter...well...the basic still works...

aku ni baru lagi. ada sesape bole explain skit...
    -how to pull trendline,supot,resist..?
    -break candle?

ps/ tolong la ajar k.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wau View Post
    chart above showing eu tf 5 minutes with no indicator except the price movement and from there we are seeing a clear cut movement of the pair...remember how we pull the trendline line and support and resistance to see a break and enter...well...the basic still works...

aku ni baru lagi. ada sesape bole explain skit...
    -how to pull trendline,supot,resist..?
    -break candle?

ps/ tolong la ajar k.
    ohhh.

olryteee.

wait , ready and post
    "Masih banyak yang perlu diketahui , dipelajari , difahami dan diamalkan."

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Trendline

To draw an UP TRENDLINE, pull a line by using 1st lowest point upward to 2nd highest low
    point.

For a DOWN TRENDLINE, pull a line by using 1st highest point downward to 2nd lowest high point.

when the price break the line, change to Candlestick chart and wait till the candle that broke the trendline to close...if next candle open below the break (for uptrend break to down), or above the break (for downtrend break to up)...then the close of previous candle that broke the trendline will be resistance or support depending on which trend it broke, if uptrendline then it is resistance, if downtrendline then it is support.
    Last edited by free_gifter; 06-13-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    How is it that you Exit your position?....Hmmmmm...Buy when there's Blood in the Street....Market are build on HOPE, FEAR and GREED.. toothy9....Tester page..

Join FxMalay and Let You Wealth Grow

Learn the Trend and It will be your friend.....Tradefacts blog

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Bro..boleh kasih tau indinya dong.simple banget kayaknya.cuma ngandalin panah sama trendline doang.di share aja bro disini.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

setuju setuju--saya pakai fibo jer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast