Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8211$1.8774

Thread: How to handle clients who......

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default How to handle clients who......

How to handle clients who......do not know how to use MT4 and put all the blames of their mistakes on fxopen.

What to do in this situation ??

Client Statements:
    How about a list of the trades it wouldn't let me have, on the "Not enough
    • How about a list of the trades it wouldn't let me have, on the "Not enough money" line? Do they have a problem with hedging?
    • I know my account history,..it doesn't say "We close early" or "We gave her 7 requotes till the slippage was insane"
    • Last night, with a $90. balance, it would not let me make a .10 trade on the "Not enough money" thing. It's been doing that from the start
    • I was getting good profits on Thursday,..I have it down,...no problem,..I could NOT close or make trades. I had trouble from the start with the thing saying "Not enough money" when I was trading .10 and had no other trades!
    • I was losing before because I couldn't figure out why I had 2 sets of indicators on one chart- for some reason I had 2 different TF's indicators on the same chart (No I don't know how that happened)
    • When it was open, half the time I would get 7 requotes and give up, OR "No Trade available", or no ability to make a hedge trade,..

the list is endless....

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junglelion View Post
    How to handle clients who......do not know how to use MT4 and put all the blames of their mistakes on fxopen.

What to do in this situation ??

Client Statements:
    How about a list of the trades it wouldn't let me have, on the "Not enough
    • How about a list of the trades it wouldn't let me have, on the "Not enough money" line? Do they have a problem with hedging?
    • I know my account history,..it doesn't say "We close early" or "We gave her 7 requotes till the slippage was insane"
    • Last night, with a $90. balance, it would not let me make a .10 trade on the "Not enough money" thing. It's been doing that from the start
    • I was getting good profits on Thursday,..I have it down,...no problem,..I could NOT close or make trades. I had trouble from the start with the thing saying "Not enough money" when I was trading .10 and had no other trades!
    • I was losing before because I couldn't figure out why I had 2 sets of indicators on one chart- for some reason I had 2 different TF's indicators on the same chart (No I don't know how that happened)
    • When it was open, half the time I would get 7 requotes and give up, OR "No Trade available", or no ability to make a hedge trade,..

the list is endless....
    1) Margin required can be calculated thusly.
    Assuming 0.1 lots which is 10,000 units of base currency

(Pricex10,000)/leverage

eg. for 0.1 lots e/u at 1:200 leverage

(1.4184x10,000)/200=$70.92 required margin to open a trade

There is no problem with hedging.

2) Right click in the history and some details of the trade are recorded there.

3) Log in to the Trader's Cabinet and adjust the leverage to a level that will allow a trade to be opened

4) Could not close or open a trade? Any more detail? What server are you logging on to? Are you using the latest MT4 install?

5) Clear the chart of all indicators, set it up again as you desire, and save as "default". Then all new charts you open will have the same setup.

6) Are all these problems from the same person? It sounds like the installation of MT4 is corrupted and should be reinstalled. Make sure to be logging on to Belvedere live server and not any other.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

The problems are of the same person who is still new to computers and mt4

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Just be patient and offer helpful, friendly advice. You would be surprised how many people out there are totally lost when it comes to computers and MT4.

Ah, the joys of the support role for IBs toothy9
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Maybe for those who doesn't know how to use MT4, you can ask them to read the MT4 manual at http://www.******-idc.com/en/metatra...-overview.html.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

good, this should help me a lot

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Um,...excuse me, Lion, but I am neither new to computers nor am I new to MT4!

You seem to have missed the part where I said I would not download your EA into the computer I am using at the moment,..since I am not the admin on this computer, I don't have the right to download whatever I wish.
    I have 3 other computers and I'm rebuilding another as we speak. I built my computer 5 years ago, myself.
    I have also had a "in-house" computer since 1983.

I am, in fact, waiting for a tablet comp (Nokia 770) so I may be more mobile, before I download a stack of EA's, AND I really prefer to trade rather naked-just S & R's, and sometimes not even those.)

So, don't make me out to be a moron who doesn't know what she's talking about.

Next, I'm neither new to Forex nor new to MT4. I believe you are aware that I have been using Ichimoku charts for the past year, which are not available on *********.

Now, what I said to you and "Manager" is true. I HAVE used other platforms and other IB's. I was informing you of a problem.I thought it might be important to "Customer Relations" if such behaviour from the platform was not intentional.
    Apparently you chose to ignore it and thought you should patronize me, instead.
    Now, when I first open my new account, with a "trial" amount of $180., at 100:1 ratio, and I try to make a .10 trade (Yes, I said .10 , as in the minimum) and I have no other trades, and I get "Not Enough Money" repeatedly,...what would you call that?

And yes, my list of complaints are genuine. And yes, I took the entire download out, and reloaded it. And yes, I do save my chart templates. And no, it would not let me close. And yes, FXopen was closed a full hour before the market, hence I could neither close my trades nor set up a gap trade.

Yes, Lion, I'm in your downline so you'd make a commission off me. No, I didn't get any $25 rebate, I got $1. (I don't even know what that was about- maybe you could have explained it to me)

And now that we've reached this point, you neglected to mention that, I had made 25% of my balance the night preceding,..with minimal 'technical difficulties", BUT, the next night, it was nigh-on impossible to trade at all! More like a duel between myself and FXopen software (I felt like my job was not to make trades but to outwit the software).
    So, I just let it go. It was abundantly clear to me that , either the software had problems, or FXopen, whom I realize has to make money somewhere, - makes their money thus. Multiple (5 or 6 ) requotes, s-l-o-w execution, extra clicks all over to facilitate the multiple requote necessity,..etc., etc.

And, as I said at the time, I really don't care, I just thought you should know how this goes down, just in case you, as a moderator or whatever it is you are here, do not experience these issues.
    Just in case you might get the same complaints from others,- I thought you might like to know what my experience had been.
    So, I told you. And, I also told you that I wouldn't make a big deal about it,..that it's just a test of this IB, anyway.
    And you decided to humour me, and behind my back, talk about MY INEXPERIENCE.
    Even though you could see that I had made 25% the previous trading day.
    Whatever.

But I do take exception to being treated like I'm brainless in the forum.

Now, please explain to me, -
    1. Where is FXopen's physical address?
    2. Why is FXopen's US phone (which is 'residential") and US fax, (also residential) 1000 miles apart? (phone is in Florida, fax is in New Jersey)
    3. Which phone has the FXopen office?

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muon View Post
    Um,...excuse me, Lion, but I am neither new to computers nor am I new to MT4!

You seem to have missed the part where I said I would not download your EA into the computer I am using at the moment,..since I am not the admin on this computer, I don't have the right to download whatever I wish.
    I have 3 other computers and I'm rebuilding another as we speak. I built my computer 5 years ago, myself.
    I have also had a "in-house" computer since 1983.

I am, in fact, waiting for a tablet comp (Nokia 770) so I may be more mobile, before I download a stack of EA's, AND I really prefer to trade rather naked-just S & R's, and sometimes not even those.)

So, don't make me out to be a moron who doesn't know what she's talking about.

Next, I'm neither new to Forex nor new to MT4. I believe you are aware that I have been using Ichimoku charts for the past year, which are not available on *********.

Now, what I said to you and "Manager" is true. I HAVE used other platforms and other IB's. I was informing you of a problem.I thought it might be important to "Customer Relations" if such behaviour from the platform was not intentional.
    Apparently you chose to ignore it and thought you should patronize me, instead.
    Now, when I first open my new account, with a "trial" amount of $180., at 100:1 ratio, and I try to make a .10 trade (Yes, I said .10 , as in the minimum) and I have no other trades, and I get "Not Enough Money" repeatedly,...what would you call that?

And yes, my list of complaints are genuine. And yes, I took the entire download out, and reloaded it. And yes, I do save my chart templates. And no, it would not let me close. And yes, FXopen was closed a full hour before the market, hence I could neither close my trades nor set up a gap trade.

Yes, Lion, I'm in your downline so you'd make a commission off me. No, I didn't get any $25 rebate, I got $1. (I don't even know what that was about- maybe you could have explained it to me)

And now that we've reached this point, you neglected to mention that, I had made 25% of my balance the night preceding,..with minimal 'technical difficulties", BUT, the next night, it was nigh-on impossible to trade at all! More like a duel between myself and FXopen software (I felt like my job was not to make trades but to outwit the software).
    So, I just let it go. It was abundantly clear to me that , either the software had problems, or FXopen, whom I realize has to make money somewhere, - makes their money thus. Multiple (5 or 6 ) requotes, s-l-o-w execution, extra clicks all over to facilitate the multiple requote necessity,..etc., etc.

And, as I said at the time, I really don't care, I just thought you should know how this goes down, just in case you, as a moderator or whatever it is you are here, do not experience these issues.
    Just in case you might get the same complaints from others,- I thought you might like to know what my experience had been.
    So, I told you. And, I also told you that I wouldn't make a big deal about it,..that it's just a test of this IB, anyway.
    Whatever.

2. Why is FXopen's US phone (which is 'residential") and US fax, (also residential) 1000 miles apart? (phone is in Florida, fax is in New Jersey)
    Hello muon,
    You said that you had 180$ and 1:100 and tryed to open 0.1 lot and got "not enough money" message? This might happen if you tryed to open GBP/JPY for example which requires about 270$ with this leverage or GBP/USD which requires about 200$.

"FXopen was closed a full hour before the market, hence I could neither close my trades nor set up a gap trade." Please inform [email protected] when does this happen so we can check log history.

Please add deviation level to 1-2 pips and you will not face requots problem. If you think that your execution is slow, simply inform [email protected] with the orders numbers and we will check for the history, normally it should take 2 seconds to open a position.

"And you decided to humour me, and behind my back, talk about MY INEXPERIENCE." I am sorry if something made you think so.

FXOpen service mark and www.fxopen.com website are governed by Belvedere Inc., registered resident of Seychelles, according to the terms of the
    International Business Companies Act, 1994 (Act 24 of 1994).
    Belvedere Inc. activity is regulated by Seychelles International Business Authority and registered under the number 032997.
    The legal address of the company is: 306 Victoria House, Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
    Belvedere Inc business activity complies completely with Seychelles legislation and conforms to its regulations and internationally accepted supervisory
    and regulatory standards.

All the phone numbers provided on the website are working numbers and telephone support for the clients will start in the period of 1 week. However, egyptian and french numbers available already.

Feel free to send your complains to [email protected]
    Best regards.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Your problems do appear unique. Lets go through them.

What currency are you trying to trade? If you are trading GBP pairs, you may not have enough margin at 1:100 with $180. You should adjust your leverage to 1:200 via the trader's cabinet to enable you to trade GBP.

As a basic rule, use this calculation.

(Pricex10,000)/leverage = Margin required

for example

0.1 lots gbp/usd at 2.0486 with 1:100 leverage
    (2.0486x10,000)/100 = $204.86 required margin

And yes, FXopen was closed a full hour before the market, hence I could neither close my trades nor set up a gap trade.
    FXOpen's closing time is pretty much the same as most other retail brokers. True some do close later, but for the most part it is normal. At least you know now and can prepare for next time

Please explain Junglelion.

Try setting the "Deviation by Default" to 2 or 3 and it will help greatly when trading highly volatile pairs. Go to Tools/Options and the "Trade" tab to find the setting.

Whatever.

I'm sorry you have taken offence and I hope it never happens again. Perhaps a public apology from Junglelion may help?

[/QUOTE]

1) You can visit FXOpen offices at

306 Victoria House
    Victoria Mahe
    Seychelles

or

54 El Kods El Sharief St.
    Mohandessin Cairo
    Egypt

And coming soon, in Paris, Champs-Élysées

2) FXOpen's presence in the US is small. The US Phone/fax numbers are just provided as a convenience to US traders so they can avoid long distance calling charges.

3) You may speak to an FXOpen representative via any of the phone numbers, or via skype if your location means you will have to pay long distance charges.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Extremely sorry for misunderstanding your experience level with computers.