Practice Forex trading
risk free

OPEN DEMO ACCOUNT

PAMM Technology

Become a Master
or a Follower

JOIN PAMM SERVICE
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MT4 or MT5 which one would you prefer ?

Market Maker cool user
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default MT4 or MT5 which one would you prefer ?

Well now that we have both the MT4 and the MT5 trading terminals available on almost all the brokers and here in fxopen as well. Which one do you prefer for trading and why ?

I prefer using MT4 platform still, because am much comfortable handling it and it is very much user friendly.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yes mt4 because really we spend alot of time to learn to it no time to learn another software
    and you know what you will do and above all of that your ea's and indicators we will work !!!!
    dont learn to trade; trade to learn

Market Maker cool user
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post
    Well now that we have both the MT4 and the MT5 trading terminals available on almost all the brokers and here in fxopen as well. Which one do you prefer for trading and why ?

I prefer using MT4 platform still, because am much comfortable handling it and it is very much user friendly.
    I am also still prefer using mt4 platform,and i am never try use mt5 platform at all,but so far i am still very comfort using mt4 platform to make transaction in forex trading,it's enough for me because i can use custom indicator created by third party and also can running expert advisor,but i am rarely use expert advisor because still prefer manual trading

4. The Following User Says Thank You to radex78 For This Useful Post:

channabiha (10-23-2013)

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Foreign exchange robot helps make money

Hello Anyone... great to get approved in this forum. Looking forward to learn and discuss interesting things here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TrendstY For This Useful Post:

channabiha (10-23-2013)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrendstY View Post
    Hello Anyone... great to get approved in this forum. Looking forward to learn and discuss interesting things here.
    welcome to FXOpen forum.make sure to read the rules before posting

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default mt4

i prefer mt4 it is still the best for me untill now it is easy to use and easy to open any order any time you want

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Although I haven't really used the mt5 platform for trading but I have tried it on demo trading and I can say so far I still prefer the mt4 platform to the mt5 platform.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I am curious what is the difference with mt5 to mt4? if they only have slight difference then I would still prefer mt4 platform.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to marwa For This Useful Post:

channabiha (10-23-2013)

Market Maker
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

metatrader5 is new version of old metatrader4 and it has decent looks. But i learnt that hedging is not allowed in mt5 . We should try this terminal for sometimes to really compare it well with old friend mt4 . There are many ea and indicators, templates for mt4 in web found. I cant pay that about new mt5 terminal. I prefer old one that is mt4.

Elder Analyst
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I also still use MT4 for forex transactions in this business but if MT5 have never used it may be tested first using a demo account to use it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to puji For This Useful Post:

Andri_MF (05-19-2012)

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I have read that some brokers are having bugs with mt5 so i still use mt4. The brokers that have mt5 i will use with strategy that does not use indicators. Or i just run indicator on mt4 and place trades on mt5.

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I think MT5 looks better and based on my trading pace, MT5 seems faster so it's good for entering at the nearest market price you want. Well it just seems, am not telling that its really faster.

If you are used to MT4, I think it would be easy to switch to MT5 since there is not much difference in the basic functions, for me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to megrawab For This Useful Post:

channabiha (10-23-2013)

Market Maker cool user shahzad0able's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashvini View Post

I guess you are miss leaded mate, there is a very little number of brokers that allow live trading on mt5 platform. Not every broker have mt5 terminal for real trading. Most do offer mt5 as a demo account trading but not real one.
    It is a good platform but the only difference, the major one if we say, is the number of time frames it has. It has more time frames than MT4. The rest mostly is almost same.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shahzad0able For This Useful Post:

cafedeart (04-03-2012), ilearn2t (04-01-2012)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by History101 View Post
    I guess you are miss leaded mate, there is a very little number of brokers that allow live trading on mt5 platform. Not every broker have mt5 terminal for real trading. Most do offer mt5 as a demo account trading but not real one.
    It is a good platform but the only difference, the major one if we say, is the number of time frames it has. It has more time frames than MT4. The rest mostly is almost same.
    yes and i believe it have also MQ5 and we need to create new EA's i guess so is this true or we can run MQ4 EA's on MQ5
    dont learn to trade; trade to learn

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CCC000 For This Useful Post:

channabiha (10-23-2013)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Hello CCC000

Sadly EA's coded with the mql4 programming language are incompatible on the Metatrader 5 platform. You can use the MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5). Its still done using the C++ language just a bit more detailed codes are added.

Good luck
    ilearn2t

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast