risk free

OPEN DEMO ACCOUNT

PAMM Technology

Become a Master
or a Follower

JOIN PAMM SERVICE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your proposals for our forum

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Your proposals for our forum

Dear Friends,
    Feel free to post your proposals which will help to develope our forum and make it easy and comfortable to communicate.
    Thanks in advance.
    [IMG=floatLeft]http://forum.fxopen.com/ads/sign.png[/IMG]
    Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED
    E-mail: [email protected]
    http://www.fxopen.com/

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Can a "resize" code be added to the BBcode [img] tag which will allow members to embed full size images within their posts, without going through Manage Attachments:

Eg: [IMG=200x100] or [img width="200" height="100"]

See my image for wallpaper competition, after I seen the minimum 1366x768 is required

See here

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Thanks

I sent request to our PHP developer. Will see what he will answer.
    Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FXOpen Manager For This Useful Post:

ilearn2t (02-06-2012)

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Sub-forum for new members; so only "new" members and senior members can post, view, review and judge if the new member is genuine about posting or simply posting for profit?

That way good threads on main forum won't be used for others profit.

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Thanks

You mean like some section for reporting of low quality posts?
    Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Just a simple forum like the "Newbies" forum were new members can only post in, until senior members like yourself can judge if the new member is genuine about posting. Once you's judge the member is genuine simply upgrade their rank which will allow them to have full use of the main forum.

Give all new members a low rank that can be upgraded at anytime so they can have the full use of the main forum.

If its possible block "newbies" forum posts from "new posts" tab, that way other members don't need to go into the 2nd or 3rd page etc of the "new posts" every few minutes to view or reply to other members threads or replys on the main forum boards.

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Make that page 4 in the "new posts" tab before I found my reply to GBPUSD question posted not to long ago.
    Last edited by ilearn2t; 02-07-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Just another mad idea:

What if only thread starters get bonus each time a member replys in their thread.

It would be left to the thread starter to donate all or part bonus back to the said member who posts.

Make all forums 10c and "donation" minimum 5c that way the thread starter could return 10c, 5c, 0c.

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Thanks

"What if only thread starters get bonus each time a member replys in their thread."

I think this is an excellent idea suggestion as I see some members are simply cruising around and quite obviously leaving senseless & useless comments just to get some bonus points. These type of comments are most certainly NOT constructive and should be trashed, let alone paying for them.
    And some members are even going to the extend of digging up old post just to leave useless replies for more bonus money. Payment for such post should be disallowed and any credited bonus money removed.

Bravo and very good suggestion ilearn2t
    Last edited by RahmanSL; 02-08-2012 at 02:39 AM.
    "Making Profit IS EASY, keeping it IS NOT!"

Thanks

Hello RahmanSL

That is my reason behind my plan, but no need to worry about old posts thread starters getting their fair share, might bring back a few good members. But who's going to reply in old dead threads to ask how the EURO is doing, if they think theres no quick gain in it for them.

FXOpen gives this bonus because their ratings increase on the search engines, so members opening old posts benefits FXOpen when you think of it.

But they can't afford to lost genuine members, who will simply find other forex forums with less hassle.

Well over 200 new posts in a short time scale yesterday was a bit to much, but I know one member didn't break any rules as most, if not all their posting related to the subject in the said thread. One or two did break the "English only" forum rules but so what.

I did try the "donate" button to send you a few cents test, but its not working.

I hope it does get included as I can setup new contests for members using my "Bonus" money.

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Just another suggestion to keep you on your toes:

Is it possible to have the thread starters first post shown at the start of each new page in said thread.

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Due to my lack of knowledge in my fellow members multilanguage, is it possible to filter my viewing of the forum to see only English boards.

Please tell me you can add a multilanguage software program that will allow my to view and understand all boards. I know I'm missing some great posts because of my lack of understanding and hope there is a simple way round this.

Thanks
    ilearn2t

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilearn2t View Post
    Hello FXOpen Manager

Due to my lack of knowledge in my fellow members multilanguage, is it possible to filter my viewing of the forum to see only English boards.

Please tell me you can add a multilanguage software program that will allow my to view and understand all boards. I know I'm missing some great posts because of my lack of understanding and hope there is a simple way round this.

Thanks
    ilearn2t
    Can't you see it on the top of the forum?
    Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

If you mean the "Google Translate", yes I use it to translate all multilanguage in the "English" forum boards and a lot of Alexandr posts from Russian, but is it possible for me to view these posts in English on the forum without going to google each time?

Thanks again
    ilearn2t

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilearn2t View Post
    Hello FXOpen Manager

Can a "resize" code be added to the BBcode [img] tag which will allow members to embed full size images within their posts, without going through Manage Attachments:

Eg: [IMG=200x100] or [img width="200" height="100"]

See my image for wallpaper competition, after I seen the minimum 1366x768 is required

See here

Thanks
    ilearn2t
    Hi, I added parameters for [IMG] code. Now you can use this [IMG=200x100]

as example, your image: [IMG=200x100]http://www.fx4u.talktalk.net/fxo/fxopen.jpg[/IMG]

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FXOpenIT For This Useful Post:

cafedeart (02-21-2012), ilearn2t (02-10-2012)

Thanks

Hello FXOpen Manager

Just another hair brain idea:

FXOPEN Category forums be devoted to important matters relating to the main
    FXOpen website & forum.

This would mean moving the "For Newbies" & "Traders Competition" to their rightful category forum.

Money Managers PAMM Technology Category: No change.

ForexCup Category: No change.

TRADING PLATFORM DISCUSSION Category:

Change forum "FXOpen Market Maker" to "Platform Talk" to cover all subjects relating to the platform

All the remaining Categories stay the same:

All Categories have an Announcements & updated "rules" that suit each category (Locked).
    Plus one thread in each for unsure members to reply in for advice from any member on finding the right section to post in. (No new thread starters & deleting same type of questions)

Over time moving non-related threads/topics in each category to their rightful place (forum).

Good luck
    ilearn2t

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ilearn2t For This Useful Post:

MarkoHenry (10-30-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast