JOIN PAMM SERVICE
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MT4 Platform and Bandwidth Usage

Market Maker cool user
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverMaAT View Post
    I'm not sure what type of computers you are using, but a basic dual core laptop or even pentium 4 laptop can handle several mt4 terminals at once. Not sure how many indicators you have on at once. But dual core is better if you can manage it. I would be using either windows XP or windows 7. With 2GB ram, you should be fine. I assume that you use your laptop primarily for trading.

You guys talk as if you have Pentium III laptop. I leave my laptops on 24/7 and they last for years at a time.
    If you can running few platform at the time,and your computer still running fast,i just make conclusipon if use few platform also depending with computer quality also,but in my experience use old computer,if i use comlicated indicator can affected to performace computer,often get platform not responding

Elder Analyst
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i think its matter of ur usage of instrument and charts but mostly 8 to 10 gb pr month is more than enough.

XDLOVERS

I THINK IT CAN WITH LOWBANDWITH ! 50mb per day is enough !!! you must beeh have a monthly pack of 2gb and more if you trade 24 hours !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to XDLOVERS For This Useful Post:

pedrosa (07-20-2012)

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MorePips View Post
    I have been running 7 mt4 platforms on my home computer, on seven different broker demo accounts. I have satellite high-speed internet with bandwidth usage limitations. Before I downloaded the platforms, I was at about 50% of my allowed bandwidth usage, but it has steadily increased until now I'm at 83% and have already received a warning that I'm approaching my threshold, which I knew. My question: Is just having this many platforms running the cause of my increasing bandwidth usage? from what I've read the MT4 platform does not sue that much bandwidth. But at this rate, I'm going to have to do something soon to keep from going over my limit. I would hate to have to take the platforms off. In fact, though, I've already taken four of them off to see if this would help.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?
    I am surprised to hear this. I am using multiple platforms most of the time and using many indicators at a time. None of the platform takes more then 10 mb a day. I do trade for quite a long time every day. I have a limited bandwidth each money, but using mt4 didn't created problem in maintaining bandwidth.

Market Maker
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i think internet bandwith usage for mt4 is very litle, in indonesia i just use data usage 500mb / mont enough for my mt4 allways online with my PDA phone.

Intraday Master
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

is it any use running up to 7 platforms ? just keep the best platform and the best trade performing site. I don't think you can follow 7 platforms from your computer. If your goal is to earn more, so can go with top too platform and earn as much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123