Practice Forex trading
risk free

OPEN DEMO ACCOUNT

PAMM Technology

Become a Master
or a Follower

JOIN PAMM SERVICE
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My pick for fun Competition (May)

Bullish
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RahmanSL View Post
    Hi lizerzoltan, faisalsash, and MIA ilearn2t,

Yes, wonder where our �Guru� ilearn2t is?? Probably busy building the ultimate EA of all EA that will make us all filthy rich trading forex : )

The GBP/USD pair is rather erratic. I �Sell� 3 lots on that yesterday at 1.4486 and is absolutely & pleasantly �shock� to see a huge profit this morning when I checked on my Demo account. I very quickly closed that position at 1.4260 for a handsome profit of usd6,780

In fact, it has been very profitable trading GBP/USD and EUR/USD yesterday and early this morning (my side). I still don�t understand the fundamentals of market movements, but I have gained over usd20k in my 3 Demo accounts in yesterday trading.
    Hope you guys did just as well in your Live trading.

Cheers & all the best!
    Hi RahmanSL,

I have to admit most this month's profit that I made is from GBPUSD, almost all my trade

have been on GBPUSD, and mostly shorts. I only wait for a correction and then join the

trend when it resumes.
    The QUALITY of your trades is what matters, not the QUANTITY!

Thanks

Hello faisalsash & RahmanSL

I've had a bad few weeks with my health and still not fully recovered, but I'll still look in on the forum from time to time.

I'll update the results of any extra profits (if any) next weekend and declaire the winner of this months Competition and the start of the next one for June.

Good luck both in your healths and trading.

Thanks

Hi ilearn2t,

Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly lately and hope you get well soon.

Don't worry about the competition as I am sure the rest of the gang understands.

Take care and all the best.
    "Making Profit IS EASY, keeping it IS NOT!"

Bullish
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ilearn2t View Post
    Hello faisalsash & RahmanSL

I've had a bad few weeks with my health and still not fully recovered, but I'll still look in on the forum from time to time.

I'll update the results of any extra profits (if any) next weekend and declaire the winner of this months Competition and the start of the next one for June.

Good luck both in your healths and trading.
    Hi ilearn2t,

sorry to hear you have been sick lately, wishing you a quick recovery.

Thanks

Hi faisalsash,

I was meaning to comment on your GBP/USD trade...yes, trading that pair was quite profitable in both directions.

I wonder how long GBP/USD will remain in the 1.44 to 1.43 range?? Any idea?

Cheers!

Bullish
    Thanks

Hi faisalsash,

I was meaning to comment on your GBP/USD trade...yes, trading that pair was quite profitable in both directions.

I wonder how long GBP/USD will remain in the 1.44 to 1.43 range?? Any idea?

Cheers!
    Hi RahmanSL,

I'm also kinda confused with the GBPUSD these days, in an hour it makes a high of 100 pips

and before you know it will drop 100 pips, its been doing this through out the week, when

you look at the daily chat you may discover that the pair is about to face recovery, there

is a bullish divergence on RSI.The thing is Im not good at fundamentals, I would have

looked at it from fundamental point of view, and may be have more confidence, our guru;

ilearn2t is sick, we would have gotten a clearer picture on the pair, but I still believe

the pair is going down after whatever recovery that it may face. But what ever it is, I

know with those 100 pips fluctuations one could make good profit, but I'm finding it

difficult to hold on to my long term trade that last for days, my short term trades have

been making me money more than the long term trades. Thats my newbie looks and

confusion. But you could also share with me your view on the pair. Thanks.
    Last edited by faisalsash; 05-22-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks

Hi faisalsash,

I have been looking for possible leads on GBP/USD direction for next week, but seems most everyone is peeking real hard into their crystal ball but seeing not much of anything.

I found this over at “Tradethenews.com”:

"FXstreet.com (Buenos Aires) – GBP/USD rose to 1.4477 setting a fresh intraday high barely above previous one a couple of pips under it; in a week with a strong lack o fundamental data, Pound has been moving according to market sentiment and Euro woes, thus in a more tight 240 pips range, limited at the upside by the 1.4460/80 zone since past Tuesday.

According to Valeria Bednarik, Fxstreet.com chief analyst, pair likely retreat from this area, as long as pair remains under 1.4490. She also sees strong resistance area at 1.4520, past Tuesday high, while she locates support at 1.4440, 1.4410 and the 1.4380 zone for the rest of the journey".

So, the GBP/USD might still remain a yoyo next week, bouncing up & down. Guess you could still catch some pips amid all that action.

All the best!

Hi Guru ilearn2t, you feeling and getting any better?? Take care; yah!

Bullish
    Thanks

Hi RahmanSL,

yes I agree, the GBPUSD may likely remain sideways this week, well thats good for scalpers

and bad for position traders. But the expectation still remain bearish for the pound as there

are good reports coming out on the side of the USD and only a serious revision of the UK's

GDP which is expected on Tuesday will make the pound recover to the upside.

Elder Analyst
    Thanks

hi
    in case is someone interested, i posted a new demo competition for cash.

RahmanSL: your chance maybe this time to have some opponents

Thanks

With 2 days/laps to go and GBP/USD at 1.438, the following are positions of horses:

faisalsash = 1.4550
    lizerzoltan = 1.4651
    qlinks = 1.4622

RahmanSL = 1.5150
    hytre = 1.5688

...and Newbie horses trailing way at the back! Now, where is the Chief Steward of the race course??

Piplet
    Thanks

is this competition for cash or just for fun?

Elder Analyst
    Thanks

actually why dont you read 1st post?

more fun though i believe.

Thanks

With 2 days/laps to go and GBP/USD at 1.438, the following are positions of horses:

faisalsash = 1.4550
    lizerzoltan = 1.4651
    qlinks = 1.4622

RahmanSL = 1.5150
    hytre = 1.5688

...and Newbie horses trailing way at the back! Now, where is the Chief Steward of the race course??
    Hello RahmanSL

This month's Competition is nearing the last couple of furlongs (days) as you so nicely descript, I've been watching and reading the forum over the last couple of weeks and have decided to give the winner a choice between 3 options

Option 1: Receive a $5 internal transfer into an account of their own choosing.
    Option 2: Receive a 25% of any profits from my EA account (Only EA trading will be involved)
    Option 3: Receive all 4 EA's used on this account.

More updates to follow.

Thanks

Hail the Guru is back! We were in the dark, but now we see light...we were lost, and now we are found! : )

Hi ilearn2t, extremely glad to see you back here. I hop you feeling much better now.

I thought for a moment back there that you were busy being the mediator for that hung parliament just so to get Britain, and the GBP, back into shape just so that the Newbie horses can win your competition : P...but you were not feeling!

Just one more day to go, and the Newbie horses tongues are hanging out of their frothing mouth grasping for breath, while he seasoned horses are leading way ahead.

But wait, I don't believe it,....it's a miracle!.....to be continued tomorrow at the finishing line! : )

Thanks

Hail the Guru is back! We were in the dark, but now we see light...we were lost, and now we are found! : )

Hi ilearn2t, extremely glad to see you back here. I hop you feeling much better now.

I thought for a moment back there that you were busy being the mediator for that hung parliament just so to get Britain, and the GBP, back into shape just so that the Newbie horses can win your competition : P...but you were not feeling!

Just one more day to go, and the Newbie horses tongues are hanging out of their frothing mouth grasping for breath, while he seasoned horses are leading way ahead.

But wait, I don't believe it,....it's a miracle!.....to be continued tomorrow at the finishing line! : )
    Hello RahmanSL

I foresee a 1.4270 around close tomorrow.

With the new North & South Korea tensions adding to Europe's debt crisis and Britions hung parliament, the only miracle! I see is the British pound staying above 1.4000 next month, going below 1.3800 wouldn't shock me. Hint Hint

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information