Tokimoa

Default Trading EUR/USD

Which hours and days of the week are the most volatile for trading EUR/USD

Elder Analyst
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I think the simplest thing is: get your MT4 chart and do some own reaseach

To answer, i found usually Wednesdays and certain Fridays the most volatile....
    About the ours: when major news reliesed, see Calendar for reference

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

@ tokimoa,

generally speaking, currency volatility speculation are not quite ascertainable.(sometime volatility maybe due to currency news,price hitting a support/resistance,effect from a counter currency etc)

but with the help of events like market news,economic changes one could have an idea of EUR/USD hours and days of volatility.

just like lizerzoltan said, your personal research will be good to start with.

for me i would say MON-WED......at EUROPEAN/U.S OPEN SESSIONS and MAJOR MARKET NEWS TIME RELEASE are volatile periods
    1. OPEN ACCOUNT WITH FXOPEN: CLICK HERE!

*URL Removed. Please follow forum rules*

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chinexex View Post
    @ tokimoa,

generally speaking, currency volatility speculation are not quite ascertainable.(sometime volatility maybe due to currency news,price hitting a support/resistance,effect from a counter currency etc)

but with the help of events like market news,economic changes one could have an idea of EUR/USD hours and days of volatility.

just like lizerzoltan said, your personal research will be good to start with.

for me i would say MON-WED......at EUROPEAN/U.S OPEN SESSIONS and MAJOR MARKET NEWS TIME RELEASE are volatile periods

Pl allow me to add that specific market news such as "nonfarm payroll, consumer price index, consumer confidence, GDP report, Central Bank meetings on interest rates" are some of the most market moving events.

It is best to be out of the market during those times, wait for some 30 minutes for the prices to settle down to recognize the general direction.

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

well no hours and days,
    it depends but generally around important news the market is more volatile

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Euro-London open market at least... and not at monday and friday.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

EURUSD - As a loss of upside momentum at the 1.4844 level(YTD high) continues to push the pair lower closing at 1.4620 on Monday and following through lower in early trading today, its nearby support standing at the 1.4514 level (Sept 14’09 low) is now being targeted. If the current weakness drives the pair through that level, we could witness further downside losses towards the 1.4446 level, its Aug 05’09 high where a cap is expected. Further down, a solid support should be provided by its MT rising trendlinecurrently at 1.4280 if the latter level is violated. Its daily studies are bearish and pointing lower suggesting further weakness. On the other hand, in order for its medium term uptrend to be triggered and its present corrective weakness halted, a return above the 1.4844 level must occur putting the next upside at the 1.4875 level, representing its Sept 21’09 high ahead of the its psycho level at 1.5000 and then the 1.5082 level, its Aug 10’08 high.On the whole, though biased to the upside medium term, EUR is now being challenged by corrective weakness with eyes on the 1.4514 level.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default US Dollar Forecast for Recovery Will be Put to the Test

The US Dollar finished the week higher against the Euro and other key counterparts, but a sharply disappointing Nonfarm Payrolls report nearly derailed the nascent Greenback recovery through Fridays close. The trade-weighted US Dollar Index hit fresh monthly highs near 77.50 just ahead of the release. Immediate declines in the US S&P 500 initially sent the dollar higher, but markets clearly expressed their displeasure with the worse-than-expected payrolls release and sold USD through in subsequent trading. Sudden USD losses complicate our otherwise bullish near-term Dollar forecast, but we continue to forecast further Greenback recovery through near-term trade. Comparatively limited event risk in the days ahead has left volatility expectations lower, but flare-ups in financial market tensions could nonetheless force major moves across USD currency pairs.

Earlier in the week we argued that the US Dollar set an important bottom against the Euro on fairly clear sentiment extremes. US CFTC Commitment of Traders data shows that Non-Commercial tradersa group mostly comprised of hedge funds and other large speculatorsremained the most net-long the Euro/US Dollar since it traded near 1.6000 in early 2008. Though sentiment can and does remain extreme for extended periods of time, early signs of EURUSD reversal support our calls for a broader US Dollar reversal. Strong correlations between the US Dollar and key risky asset classes nonetheless leave the currency at the throes of the recent upheaval in the S&P 500. It will subsequently be critical to watch for any signs that the recent equity market tumble is the start of a larger decline.

US Dollar traders should almost certainly keep an eye out for abrupt shifts in risk sentiment, but a relatively empty US economic calendar leaves limited scope for major day-to-day shifts. The notable exception is Mondays US ISM Non-Manufacturing report, which will shed further light on the state of the domestic services industry. According to 2008 estimates, the Services industry accounts for nearly 80 percent of US GDP. Suffice it to say, any noteworthy surprises in the highly-anticipated report could force major moves in the US Dollar and broader financial markets. Indeed, the ISM Non-Manufacturing survey tends to be one of the most market-moving events on release.

Outside of the ISM report, forex traders should keep a look out for a number of important global central bank interest rate decisions. Uncertainty surrounding Australian, British, and European central bank announcements may make for an interesting run of days across key forex pairs. It is near-impossible to predict how markets to react to any of these important announcements, and as such traders should be sure to control risk on open US Dollar positions.

We have seen early signs of a sustained US Dollar reversal. Yet very recent price action has shown markets were not yet willing to push the Greenback materially higher versus key counterparts. The coming week may prove especially important to overall trends in major US Dollar pairs.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

@Tokimoa..if you are technical guru..13-17gmt is the best time and Wednesday is the best day...but i suggest you should balance your trading like Lizer and chin have rightly said...peace

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

For me
    Session 2 Europe market and Session 1 America market.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Hello Tokimoa

The standard deviation indicator is the best known measure of volatility and this is commonly incorporated into other indicators and methods to produce ratios traders employ to asses market performance.

A market may be making firm progress by moving up vigorously but even in this type of market, there will be downward moves as well as upward ones. You can expect 2 or 3 days in 7 to be reversal days when the price moves back in the opposite direction to the one the market is taking.

In a vigorous market, these reversals are vigorous too and this pinpoints a major area of risk. Is the market changing direction or is it just reversing vigorously? Nobody knows the answer and no system can predict what will happen.

But your main question: I'm with lizerzoltan on this one. But I spend more time in my platforms "History Center" than here and thats 14 hours a day, except Thursday as its the most volatile for me. (Says she who is posting this message on a Thursday) But I could near narrow it down to around the Opening Session of the US markets.

Good luck and keep finding the answers, as each answer = more gains.
    ilearn2t

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

"Which hours and days of the week are the most volatile for trading EUR/USD???"

I wouldn't assign a day or time for trading volatility as that's pretty much determine by which side (the EZ or USA) comes out with better or worst news.
    And if some bankers again decide to "rescue' the euro, then the market will really hit the fan.
    "Making Profit IS EASY, keeping it IS NOT!"

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimoa View Post
    Which hours and days of the week are the most volatile for trading EUR/USD
    The market is changing, so i think anytime is possible.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default pozycjonowanie skoczów

Hi

I am rookie here, greetings people .

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,136 Times in 644 Posts

The most volatile time to trade EUR/USD are in the first week every new month, in friday when NFP news released during USA trading session. In this time forex market can move almost 100 pips in 5 minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast