We BuyWe Sell
$1.8426$1.8996
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Forex trading

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

hi traders,

is anyone over here got the SonyEricsson P990i and have it worked with the MT4 ? i couldn't find an answer to that before i make a purchase, the Metaquotes states the phone has to support Windows mobile system, the SE P990i does not operate under that system, but does support its WORD, EXCELL and others...

anyone with an experience with that phone, please let me know..

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FX Egypt Manager View Post
    Dear Clients,
    Now you can use your cell phone or PDA for FOREX trading.

http://www.fxegypt.com/index.php?s=mob-terminal
    Thanks mr manager.
    I was install the mobile terminal. already have trade using my mobile device.
    What can i say is, it very fast execution event during the news session compared to other platform.
    Anyway, thanks a lot to FXegypt for provide us the mobile terminal...

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodman21 View Post
    hi traders,

is anyone over here got the SonyEricsson P990i and have it worked with the MT4 ? i couldn't find an answer to that before i make a purchase, the Metaquotes states the phone has to support Windows mobile system, the SE P990i does not operate under that system, but does support its WORD, EXCELL and others...

anyone with an experience with that phone, please let me know..
    Hi Rodman21,

it's already stated clearly it's only support Windows mobile.
    Your SE P990i operate under Symbian OS, thus, not supported...for now, same goes to Palm pda.

Hope for Meta Trader could enhance to support Symbian and Palm OS in near future..sm_rolleye

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lurzaimran View Post
    Thanks mr manager.
    I was install the mobile terminal. already have trade using my mobile device.
    What can i say is, it very fast execution event during the news session compared to other platform.
    Anyway, thanks a lot to FXegypt for provide us the mobile terminal...

lurzaimran & others, could you share here your experience using it in PDA phone?

Basically want to know...
    1. How easy or difficult it is to navigate thru PDA?
    2. Has it got all indicators as in Meta Trader PC?
    3. How is the speed performance when it's connected thru wifi or dial-up via gprs/edge/3G? Any jerk or disconnect experience?

Just want to get your feedback before make-up my mind to buy a PDA phone..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Things have become a little bit confusing here, we are lost between definitions here, between PDAs, Smartphones, WindowsMobile phones and Communicators, and Pocket PCs.. we are lost

i assume the best way to relate a device is to see which system are they depending to work on, that includes windows CE/Windows mobile, Symbian..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Metaquotes (MT4 provider) states that you can run the software on your (Smartphone), then states again; the requirements which is a Windows mobile phone. That's good, only if every and each smartphone was dependable on Windows mobile.

I see many Symbian OS-based phones, which includes most All Nokia N-Series and SonyEricsson P990i, however a major difference between the two brands is something called the "Shell", i guess it means the GUI that interacts with users, and also this "Shell" can work as "translator" which means you can run windows-based software on a non-windows based mobile. (see SonyEricsson P990i runs MS Word, Excell ..etc). the SE P99i uses a shell named "UIQ 3", which by the way is only adapted by Nokia on one model N71 (upto my search and knowledge- check www.uiq.com).

I guess we need a reply -directly from Metaquotes Inc. requiring an answer to whether a specific phone model is supported or not, to avoid confusion.

Of course those who have Windows mobile running will have no compatibility issue.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Metaquotes (MT4 provider) states that you can run the software on your (Smartphone), then states again; the requirements which is a Windows mobile phone. That's good, only if every and each smartphone was dependable on Windows mobile.

I see many Symbian OS-based phones, which includes most All Nokia N-Series and SonyEricsson P990i, however a major difference between the two brands is something called the "Shell", i guess it means the GUI that interacts with users, and also this "Shell" can work as "translator" which means you can run windows-based software on a non-windows based mobile. (see SonyEricsson P990i runs MS Word, Excell ..etc). the SE P99i uses a shell named "UIQ 3", which by the way is only adapted by Nokia on one model N71 (upto my search and knowledge- check www.uiq.com).

I guess we need a reply -directly from Metaquotes Inc. requiring an answer to whether a specific phone model is supported or not, to avoid confusion.

Of course those who have Windows mobile running will have no compatibility issue.
    Just think it in this way:

Apple pc vs Dell PC.

Apple is using OS-Tiger vs Dell PC using OS-Microsoft Windows(98/xp/vista)

3rd party software:
    a. A software called MS Office(Excel, Word, Power point) said it's software can be run under OS MAc-Tiger and OS Windows.

b. Another software called Oracle(Developer 2000 application) said's it's software can only operate/run under OS Windows.

------------------------

Now using above anology,

SEP990i vs HP ipaq.

SEP990i using OS-Symbian vs HP ipaq using OS-Windows Mobile 5.0

3rd party software:
    a. A software Microsoft(Excel, Word, Power point) said it's software can be run under OS Symbian and OS Windows Mobile 5.0

b. Another software called Metaquotes Inc.(Meta Trader) said's it's software can only operate/run under OS Windows Mobile 5.0 for now..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Things have become a little bit confusing here, we are lost between definitions here, between PDAs, Smartphones, WindowsMobile phones and Communicators, and Pocket PCs.. we are lost

i assume the best way to relate a device is to see which system are they depending to work on, that includes windows CE/Windows mobile, Symbian..
    My understanding is like this:

PDA

PDA have 2 types;
    PDA with phone functionality(famous known as PDA Phone) and PDA without phone(famous known.. emmm just PDA i guess ).

PDA os;
    3 popular OS currently used in PDA.
    a. Windows Mobile-Pocket PC
    Model e.g. O2 xda, HP ipaq, Treo 750, E-Ten Glofish.

b. Palm
    Model e.g. Treo 650, Treo 600, Treo 680, Palm Tungsteen

c. Symbian
    Model e.g. Sony Ericsson P990i, Nokia Communicator.

---------------------------------

Smartphones

basically the feature almost similar to PDA Phone, only I guess, it's lacking of most of the PDA Phone features, due to smaller screen, usually without touch screen or stylus pen.

popular OS used in Smartphones
    Windows Mobile
    Model e.g. Dopod 577w, O2 orion, O2 Xda phone

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arialun View Post
    Just think it in this way:

Apple pc vs Dell PC.

i like picturing it like this, we -however- still need an answer from Metaquotes, i will contact them and get back to you..over here

Intraday Master
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

It wasn't the hardware, its the OS they uses. Meta works fine with my WM5 PDA.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Dear FXEgypt Manager,

what happen if I accidentally open/login my account Metatrader on my PDA, while on the same time I forget to logout from the same account from my Nootebook?

Will you suspend or lock my account?

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arialun View Post
    Dear FXEgypt Manager,

what happen if I accidentally open/login my account Metatrader on my PDA, while on the same time I forget to logout from the same account from my Nootebook?

Will you suspend or lock my account?
    Hello Arialun,
    Nothing wil happen with your account, sistem have an option to login from different computers the same time to one account.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FX Egypt Manager View Post
    Hello Arialun,
    Nothing wil happen with your account, sistem have an option to login from different computers the same time to one account.
    ok. noted.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

my mobile is p990 sonyerixssone
    can use it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast