BUY FXO Forum Shares
1316
Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8526$1.9099
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Modification Denied

  1. #1
    Bullish manCatur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    60
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Modification Denied

    Hi Support,

    Here's my problem. I was unable to clsd my position and came out this message " modification denied.Order to closed to market. " I open 2 post for GU 2.0175 and 2.0165 and both TP 2.0185. But as the price move to 2.0183 then I got +ve for both posts and I try to clsd since I am afraid the price will go down again but it was can't be done since the messages came out repeatedly.But at the end I was lucky coz my TP was touch. I just want to know am I have to wait till my TP touch or shud I clsd my post whenever I want?? Pls clarify.Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gu.jpg  

  2. #2
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    205
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manCatur View Post
    Hi Support,

    Here's my problem. I was unable to clsd my position and came out this message " modification denied.Order to closed to market. " I open 2 post for GU 2.0175 and 2.0165 and both TP 2.0185. But as the price move to 2.0183 then I got +ve for both posts and I try to clsd since I am afraid the price will go down again but it was can't be done since the messages came out repeatedly.But at the end I was lucky coz my TP was touch. I just want to know am I have to wait till my TP touch or shud I clsd my post whenever I want?? Pls clarify.Thank you
    I'm not support, but probably I can answer your question.
    If the price is already too close to the target TP or SL, you can't modify your position, including liquidating the position. It's called stop-level position.

    Each broker defines the stop-level position for each pair. FxEgypt seems to define it at 10 pips for all pairs. This means you can modify/delete your position as long as it's more than 10 pips from its TP/SL, or at anytime if you don't set the TP/SL.

  3. #3
    Bullish manCatur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    60
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflies View Post
    I'm not support, but probably I can answer your question.
    If the price is already too close to the target TP or SL, you can't modify your position, including liquidating the position. It's called stop-level position.

    Each broker defines the stop-level position for each pair. FxEgypt seems to define it at 10 pips for all pairs. This means you can modify/delete your position as long as it's more than 10 pips from its TP/SL, or at anytime if you don't set the TP/SL.
    OIC.Good answer and thnks.. In this case I shud have not put any SL or TP in order for me to clsd at anytime I want....am I?

  4. #4
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    205
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manCatur View Post
    OIC.Good answer and thnks.. In this case I shud have not put any SL or TP in order for me to clsd at anytime I want....am I?
    Correct. Although I'm not suggesting anybody not to use SL.

  5. #5
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i also having problem, change tp or sl level or close position when the price is near sl or tp level, it wasn't like this, please fxopen fix this problem.

  6. #6
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    205
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    i also having problem, change tp or sl level or close position when the price is near sl or tp level, it wasn't like this, please fxopen fix this problem.
    Unfortunately it's not a problem but a policy. It's already discussed in other threads to reduce the stop-level. Many people here consider 10 pips distance is to big, especially when fxopen allows people to scalp.

  7. #7
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    but i remember, it was 10 pip sl level, and when price in my level i still can close my positions and change sl and tp level, but today i cant it tell me "off quote"

  8. #8
    Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On the moon
    Posts
    11,117
    FXO Shares
    58
    FXO Bonus
    470.989
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 474 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    but i remember, it was 10 pip sl level, and when price in my level i still can close my positions and change sl and tp level, but today i cant it tell me "off quote"
    We didn't change 10 pips level at all. When the price is less than 10 pips from any of your pending orders you can't make modifications. I think this level will be decreased in the future.

  9. #9
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    i set a pending position, and i set a tp level, after price reach to near my order about 10 pip far from my price to activated my limit order, i decided to change my tp to other area, but it only say "off quote" and i was unable to do anything, it was not like this i am sure, i have tried many other platform, and never see like this before

  10. #10
    Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On the moon
    Posts
    11,117
    FXO Shares
    58
    FXO Bonus
    470.989
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 474 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    i set a pending position, and i set a tp level, after price reach to near my order about 10 pip far from my price to activated my limit order, i decided to change my tp to other area, but it only say "off quote" and i was unable to do anything, it was not like this i am sure, i have tried many other platform, and never see like this before
    When did this happen? During the news? Which account and order number? Send me PM and I will check to have more information.

  11. #11
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    this happen just about 2 hours ago, the order # 579533.
    it was limit order first and i had about 18 pips tp on that limit order, first it was far from price, then when price come near about 9 pips around, i wanted to change tp or set sl, but it all said to me "off quote" and i was unable to do anything at all, after price went far from my order i changed tp setting .

  12. #12
    Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On the moon
    Posts
    11,117
    FXO Shares
    58
    FXO Bonus
    470.989
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 474 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    this happen just about 2 hours ago, the order # 579533.
    it was limit order first and i had about 18 pips tp on that limit order, first it was far from price, then when price come near about 9 pips around, i wanted to change tp or set sl, but it all said to me "off quote" and i was unable to do anything at all, after price went far from my order i changed tp setting .
    Ok, "off quote" message appears when connection with the server is lost. In your situation there is a simple way to solve this problem, just reboot MT4 (probably it was working for a long time).

  13. #13
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    76
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    but at the same time i quickly test with other limit order and it was find and test this again and it said again " off quotes"
    well, if i see this again i will try to do your advise , thank you

  14. #14
    Bullish manCatur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    60
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    i also having problem, change tp or sl level or close position when the price is near sl or tp level, it wasn't like this, please fxopen fix this problem.
    this one i think i understood. We need to have at least 10pip around in other to apply the modification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer
2005-2016 © FXOpen All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.

Risk Warning:: Trading on the Forex market involves substantial risks, including complete possible loss of funds and other losses and is not suitable for all members. Clients should make an independent judgment as to whether trading is appropriate for them in the light of their financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance and other factors.

FXOpen Markets Limited, a company duly registered in Nevis under the company No. C 42235. FXOpen is a member of The Financial Commission.

FXOpen AU Pty Ltd., a company authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). AFSL 412871ABN 61 143 678 719.

FXOpen Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07273392 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (previously, the Financial Services Authority) under FCA firm reference number 579202.

FXOpen does not provide services for United States residents.

Join us