We BuyWe Sell
$1.8526$1.9099

Thread: Modification Denied

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Modification Denied

Hi Support,

Here's my problem. I was unable to clsd my position and came out this message " modification denied.Order to closed to market. " I open 2 post for GU 2.0175 and 2.0165 and both TP 2.0185. But as the price move to 2.0183 then I got +ve for both posts and I try to clsd since I am afraid the price will go down again but it was can't be done since the messages came out repeatedly.But at the end I was lucky coz my TP was touch. I just want to know am I have to wait till my TP touch or shud I clsd my post whenever I want?? Pls clarify.Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gu.jpg  

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manCatur View Post
    Hi Support,

Here's my problem. I was unable to clsd my position and came out this message " modification denied.Order to closed to market. " I open 2 post for GU 2.0175 and 2.0165 and both TP 2.0185. But as the price move to 2.0183 then I got +ve for both posts and I try to clsd since I am afraid the price will go down again but it was can't be done since the messages came out repeatedly.But at the end I was lucky coz my TP was touch. I just want to know am I have to wait till my TP touch or shud I clsd my post whenever I want?? Pls clarify.Thank you
    I'm not support, but probably I can answer your question.
    If the price is already too close to the target TP or SL, you can't modify your position, including liquidating the position. It's called stop-level position.

Each broker defines the stop-level position for each pair. FxEgypt seems to define it at 10 pips for all pairs. This means you can modify/delete your position as long as it's more than 10 pips from its TP/SL, or at anytime if you don't set the TP/SL.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireflies View Post
    I'm not support, but probably I can answer your question.
    If the price is already too close to the target TP or SL, you can't modify your position, including liquidating the position. It's called stop-level position.

Each broker defines the stop-level position for each pair. FxEgypt seems to define it at 10 pips for all pairs. This means you can modify/delete your position as long as it's more than 10 pips from its TP/SL, or at anytime if you don't set the TP/SL.
    OIC.Good answer and thnks.. In this case I shud have not put any SL or TP in order for me to clsd at anytime I want....am I?

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manCatur View Post
    OIC.Good answer and thnks.. In this case I shud have not put any SL or TP in order for me to clsd at anytime I want....am I?
    Correct. Although I'm not suggesting anybody not to use SL.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i also having problem, change tp or sl level or close position when the price is near sl or tp level, it wasn't like this, please fxopen fix this problem.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fx57 View Post
    i also having problem, change tp or sl level or close position when the price is near sl or tp level, it wasn't like this, please fxopen fix this problem.
    Unfortunately it's not a problem but a policy. It's already discussed in other threads to reduce the stop-level. Many people here consider 10 pips distance is to big, especially when fxopen allows people to scalp.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but i remember, it was 10 pip sl level, and when price in my level i still can close my positions and change sl and tp level, but today i cant it tell me "off quote"

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but i remember, it was 10 pip sl level, and when price in my level i still can close my positions and change sl and tp level, but today i cant it tell me "off quote"
    We didn't change 10 pips level at all. When the price is less than 10 pips from any of your pending orders you can't make modifications. I think this level will be decreased in the future.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i set a pending position, and i set a tp level, after price reach to near my order about 10 pip far from my price to activated my limit order, i decided to change my tp to other area, but it only say "off quote" and i was unable to do anything, it was not like this i am sure, i have tried many other platform, and never see like this before

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i set a pending position, and i set a tp level, after price reach to near my order about 10 pip far from my price to activated my limit order, i decided to change my tp to other area, but it only say "off quote" and i was unable to do anything, it was not like this i am sure, i have tried many other platform, and never see like this before
    When did this happen? During the news? Which account and order number? Send me PM and I will check to have more information.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

this happen just about 2 hours ago, the order # 579533.
    it was limit order first and i had about 18 pips tp on that limit order, first it was far from price, then when price come near about 9 pips around, i wanted to change tp or set sl, but it all said to me "off quote" and i was unable to do anything at all, after price went far from my order i changed tp setting .

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

this happen just about 2 hours ago, the order # 579533.
    it was limit order first and i had about 18 pips tp on that limit order, first it was far from price, then when price come near about 9 pips around, i wanted to change tp or set sl, but it all said to me "off quote" and i was unable to do anything at all, after price went far from my order i changed tp setting .
    Ok, "off quote" message appears when connection with the server is lost. In your situation there is a simple way to solve this problem, just reboot MT4 (probably it was working for a long time).

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but at the same time i quickly test with other limit order and it was find and test this again and it said again " off quotes"
    well, if i see this again i will try to do your advise , thank you

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

this one i think i understood. We need to have at least 10pip around in other to apply the modification.