We BuyWe Sell
$1.8773$1.9354

Thread: ordersend error while backtesting

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default ordersend error while backtesting

i want to backtest an EA but in the journal tab i get "OrderSend error 131" message and backtesting fails completely. can anyone help me in this matter?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scheinwerfer View Post
    i want to backtest an EA but in the journal tab i get "OrderSend error 131" message and backtesting fails completely. can anyone help me in this matter?
    Hello scheinwerfer

Go to page #39 http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?t=50754&page=3
    that's my educational thread, look for error 130, it's a simpler think your error means, just follow the instructions.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilearn2t View Post
    Hello scheinwerfer

Go to page #39 http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?t=50754&page=3
    that's my educational thread, look for error 130, it's a simpler think your error means, just follow the instructions.
    thank you for looking into it but didn't do a thing still. tried even different EAs, but no luck. seems like the data is missing, is it possible that for some pairs there are no records of prices available? the pair is NZDUSD.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Hello scheinwerfer

I don't think it's the history data, this would show as No history data in your journal at the very start of testing and no other data will appear after that.

If your getting the error message printing the whole way down your journal it's the EA. You downloaded my EA for testing try it and see what you get.

If you test my EA and get the same results post the values here.
    But if you do get the error message increase the setting to:

Stop = 100
    Gap1 = 100
    Tp = 100

And let me know what happens.

As for testing on NZD/USD go to your History Center and click on the NZD/USD tab and open the time frame your testing on it will show the data on the database window, if it doesn't show anything then you have no data for this pair.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I've placed a code Print(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID)); into my EA to run a test for you:

I lowered my stoploss to below the required limit and got is result:

2009.02.19 16:42:53 2009.02.10 02:09 Ps_2Bid EURUSD,M1: OrderSend error 130

I replaced the stoploss to the lowest minimum allowed level and got these results:

2009.02.19 16:40:12 2009.01.14 01:43 Ps_2Bid EURUSD,M1: 1.318

Back to normal.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

took a while to figure it out, at first changing the settings didn't work, then i increased the deposit, lot, put zeroes in the stop column, and finally got some results. actually the result was 0 as it deleted all orders before execution (settings need to be fine tuned, i guess).
    then i did the same with other EAs and they worked against my odds
    thank you Paul, you really know the stuff