Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8467$1.9038

Thread: charts

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default charts

this happens quite a lot, the charts just seem to die. i have a pretty good internet connection to the internet, and i have just checked the **** feed, (which seems to be smoother) and that is fine.

but the charts here will jump maybe 20 points after being static for a while. also now when ever i try to place an order i get "off quotes" help please...

I have an international download speed of 47kb/s, yet the number at the bottom of meta is 21/0kb.

I have asked questions like this before and have been told repeatldy that its my connection, before i get that again, its not. unless its my connection to your server, being limited by you?

this is becoming more and more frustrating as no-one will even acknowlage there may be another reason except my interent speed...
    Last edited by Psymon; 02-13-2009 at 09:03 AM.
    Psymon Peers

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

have you been recently extraordinarly successful with your trading? maybe the dog is buried there :P

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

in the cable??? lol
    Psymon Peers

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but tell more about the problem, does it happen to all pairs or with only one? is time important, ie is it only at 1 o'clock every day or is it occasional? how many trades have you made before without any problems?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

lets take today, i have been trading for about 4h with no problem, everything is a bit slow comp to ****, then everything stops. this happens every day at different times. Is your ticker chart on the place/modify order smooth? what i mean is with **** each tick moves every second, even if there is no change in price the chart will move constantly, this does not happen with meta trader.

sometimes there is a gap of 30 second to a min where nothing moves, then a big jump of a couple of pips in a few seconds. this is normal.

clicking refresh chart doesn't work when it freezes,and the ea's wont work even if they give me smiley faces.

on demo it is always selecting (at random) the saudi arabia dc account and that always gives me off quotes, so i change to demo and everything catches up again (sometimes). then everything will go slow again when it decides to switch over agiain..

the charts have just reloaded, giving me the last 3 hours of info!

i just find that it trading in demo has so many problems, and it undermins my confidence for trading in real
    Psymon Peers

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yes this also happen to me several times in a day but it seems to be international problem because it happens also in the other companies server in the same time by the way fxopen has several servers you can choose other server to work with if your server hangs
    this can be don from the connection option down in your mt4 screen

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
    lets take today, i have been trading for about 4h with no problem, everything is a bit slow comp to ****, then everything stops. this happens every day at different times. Is your ticker chart on the place/modify order smooth? what i mean is with **** each tick moves every second, even if there is no change in price the chart will move constantly, this does not happen with meta trader.

sometimes there is a gap of 30 second to a min where nothing moves, then a big jump of a couple of pips in a few seconds. this is normal.

clicking refresh chart doesn't work when it freezes,and the ea's wont work even if they give me smiley faces.

on demo it is always selecting (at random) the saudi arabia dc account and that always gives me off quotes, so i change to demo and everything catches up again (sometimes). then everything will go slow again when it decides to switch over agiain..

the charts have just reloaded, giving me the last 3 hours of info!

i just find that it trading in demo has so many problems, and it undermins my confidence for trading in real
    i think it depends on currency whether the price quotes change often or not, sometimes the market is really dead and nothing moves and suddenly strikes back, but if it delays quote information by hours then this is really weird, it's definitely not connection problem, there must be a server glitch or something. are you sure you don't have a software conflict? and maybe a logfile of MT might give an insight.
    i wonder why moderators aren't trying to help our mate?

FXOpen Customers Support FXSupporter's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psymon View Post

I have an international download speed of 47kb/s, yet the number at the bottom of meta is 21/0kb.
    Even if your overall connection is fast, your connection in MT4 can be much slower. 21/0kb IS SLOW. You should click on thу connection bar in your MT4 (the little bar in the bottom right corner next to "21/0kb") and see to which server option you are connected. (FXOPen Trading Server, DC1,2, 3, 4 or Saudi Arabia). The best connection is generally on FXOpen Trading Server (if you are not in Saudi Arabia of course ) So, you should switch to this one.
    If you want to be connected to FXOpen Trading Server at all times - select TOOLS->OPTIONS->SERVER in your MT4 and uncheck DATA CENTRE AUTO CONFIGURATION and key in FXOpen Trading server in the field below.

FXOpen Customers Support FXSupporter's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scheinwerfer View Post
    i think it depends on currency whether the price quotes change often or not,
    Yes, if you try to place a trade when the price is moving too fast, you will most likely get this "off quotes" message. You can avoid it by ticking the checkbox ENABLE MAX DEVIATION FROM QUOTED PRICE in the NEw Order window and set the deviation @ 2 or 3 pips

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Tanks to all for the suggestions, I hope everyone can forgive the bluntness i had yesterday, really frustrating day.

i have unchecked the dcac box in tools, and written the text, but after doing that i could not get a connection at all! i went back and deleted the text and left the box unchecked. now i get either a really slow connection or like 5000! and the terminal still switches to saudi at random times!!!

I am in Indonesia and expect the internet to be lacking, the frustrating thing is that web page load times are really good, so are international download times, from europe and america.

could it help if i uninstall and re install the prog?
    Psymon Peers

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

definitely go for it, you've got nothing to lose with re-installing the program

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Hello Psymon

Have you any software on your computer that can block servers. Most up to date Anti-virus software have them, they will also have a part that lets you see what servers is currently running on you computer.

If so start your platform running on the server you want and take a note of the connection it might have the server name and a set of numbers (it's the numbers you need, take a note of them)

Now switch to the server you don't want and check this number (It should be different) if so try blocking it, but before you do make sure you know how to unblock it again if needed.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scheinwerfer View Post
    definitely go for it, you've got nothing to lose with re-installing the program
    Next tip:
    scheinwerfer is right re-installing the program could cure the problem because the programs reg will still be stored in your memory. But make sure you take a note of your login id and password, for back up safety. If you decide this option remember you'll have a choice to repair also. (Try that first)

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yes it happend to me
    just open your mt4 and restart it every hour
    this should work for you