We BuyWe Sell
$1.8467$1.9038

Thread: EAs not working?

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default EA Won't open trades on FXopen, but works on every other broker

Myself and a few other people using this scalping EA that trades EURGBP that we have been having problems with it opening trades on our FXopen accounts. Problems as in NO TRADES AT ALL. Yet the EA works perfectly on every other broker we have tried.

Also, I have noticed that the price quote for EURGBP compared to some other brokers is usually lower by 5-10 pips at any given time. Why is that?

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beakon View Post
    Myself and a few other people using this scalping EA that trades EURGBP that we have been having problems with it opening trades on our FXopen accounts. Problems as in NO TRADES AT ALL. Yet the EA works perfectly on every other broker we have tried.

Also, I have noticed that the price quote for EURGBP compared to some other brokers is usually lower by 5-10 pips at any given time. Why is that?
    Kindly provide account's number so I can check for possible problem.

Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED
    E-mail: denis.peganov@fxopen.org
    http://www.fxopen.com/

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Does FXopen support the latest 220 Metatrader4 build? Could that be why?

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default Scalping EA not too compatible with FXOpen & lagging running price data feed.

Dear FXOpen,

I have just compared your running price data feed with other brokers such as fxcl***ing, f**ro & for**-**tal. I've got the feeling that your data feed is very late at updating price & the movement is very sudden (jumpy), is this because of your methode of smoothing running price?

I often got requote & cannot fill my order when I trade manually even tho the market was not too volatile. When I execute instant order, the price was still unchanged, and then suddenly the price jumped several points & off course I got requoted. This is a disadvantage to my scalping trading style.

I'm also testing my EA that use a lot of scalping in last 5 days. After I compared demo account between FXOpen & other brokers, my EA that I used in FXOpen chart didn't enter trade as often as other brokers. Even if the EA enter the trade, the profit is less than other brokers (with a similar entry point, usually late to enter in FXOpen). I believe this is caused by your lagging/sudden price movement.

As I know & believe, the profit of forex brokers are from spreads. So if I enter trade as often as possible, it will give you more profit, am I correct? From testing my EA on several brokers, the fast price movement of fxc***ring brokerage is the most compatible with my EA, because the EA enter the trade most often compared to other brokers (but this broker in live account forbid scalping). So I will be delighted if you could at least match the fast price movement of that broker & fix the over-smoothing of your running price movement.

I plan to add another deposit at FXOpen that I will use with my scalping EA. Please fix this problem of lagging price movement so I dont have to move to another broker. I really consider to stay with FXOpen, because I believe you are an honest broker & I really like your fixed spread & policy regarding scalping & swap-free (because I'm a muslim).

Thanks for your concern, sorry for my poor English

PS: I've sent similar message to FXOpen top manager at email address: monarch at fxegypt dot com, but hasn't been replied yet until now.
    Last edited by kuya1506; 12-20-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default "Scalping" EAs

Does FXOpen allow EAs that take small profits...mostly between 1 to 8 pips? The actual profit target is a little larger, but the EA usually closes trades before this is reached.

I've read different things about FXOpen and EAs, and I'm trying to get a clear answer. I've done all the paperwork to open an account, but I want to find out about EAs before I fund it.

Thanks,

John

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

What I"m referring to are EAs like FAPTurbo, Piptronic, etc. Is FXOpen "friendly" to such EAs?

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Yes, FXopen allows EA trading.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

refer here

http://forum.fxopen.com/showpost.php...81&postcount=2
    http://forum.fxopen.com/showpost.php...45&postcount=9

n remember u trade must open more than 5 second before closed its.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuya1506 View Post
    Dear FXOpen,

I have just compared your running price data feed with other brokers such as fxcl***ing, f**ro & for**-**tal. I've got the feeling that your data feed is very late at updating price & the movement is very sudden (jumpy), is this because of your methode of smoothing running price?

I often got requote & cannot fill my order when I trade manually even tho the market was not too volatile. When I execute instant order, the price was still unchanged, and then suddenly the price jumped several points & off course I got requoted. This is a disadvantage to my scalping trading style.

I'm also testing my EA that use a lot of scalping in last 5 days. After I compared demo account between FXOpen & other brokers, my EA that I used in FXOpen chart didn't enter trade as often as other brokers. Even if the EA enter the trade, the profit is less than other brokers (with a similar entry point, usually late to enter in FXOpen). I believe this is caused by your lagging/sudden price movement.

As I know & believe, the profit of forex brokers are from spreads. So if I enter trade as often as possible, it will give you more profit, am I correct? From testing my EA on several brokers, the fast price movement of fxc***ring brokerage is the most compatible with my EA, because the EA enter the trade most often compared to other brokers (but this broker in live account forbid scalping). So I will be delighted if you could at least match the fast price movement of that broker & fix the over-smoothing of your running price movement.

I plan to add another deposit at FXOpen that I will use with my scalping EA. Please fix this problem of lagging price movement so I dont have to move to another broker. I really consider to stay with FXOpen, because I believe you are an honest broker & I really like your fixed spread & policy regarding scalping & swap-free (because I'm a muslim).

Thanks for your concern, sorry for my poor English

PS: I've sent similar message to FXOpen top manager at email address: monarch at fxegypt dot com, but hasn't been replied yet until now.
    Hi,

Each brokers have different data feed get from bank. So if u testing any EA u maybe will get different result each brokers.
    Each brokers have different time zone/server time and different data feeds.

Because i also using EA scalping and the EA open position without any problem on FXOPEN platform.

To use EA, what i can suggest, its better know well about u EA setting because each brokers u need different EA setting.

If u get requote price, why not add u EA with deviation 1-2 pips because if u can see many EA using this option if that EA are scalping EA. So if price moving to fast u EA still open trade within the price range.

Thanks

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Thanks. I'm talking about EAs that don't trade during big news releases, so it's not "lag" trading. The trades will last more than 5 seconds, too.

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default EAs not working?

I have issues with my EAs not working on the MT4 platform here. I use the same exact settings on my **** MT4 account and they trade a lot and here they do not trade at all. The spreads are much higher here too, 6 pips on EURUSD!!! Could that be why?

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

spreads are high because of illiquid markets at year end. eur/usd is normally 2 pip spread. all spreads are tripled until next week. As far as ea's, mine work fine here.

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Hello JasonB824

Please see http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?t=46941 for details of the end of year conditions.

My suggestion is to try your EA on demo again on the 5th Jan 2009 when the market opens again normally.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com