BUY FXO Forum Shares
Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8211$1.8774
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Profits EA (very good backtesting results)!

rubencouto

Thumbs up High Profits EA (very good backtesting results)!

Hello!

My EA's latest developments show very interesting results, with an extremely high profit. It's the EA Kanguru 4.7.

Check it out here:

http://www.conceptus.net/forex/Strat...14-11-2008.htm

rubencouto

Thumbs up Profit Factor of 155!

Hello!

Here are the latest backtesting results of my EA Kanguru 4.9:

And the full report:
    http://www.conceptus.net/forex/Kangu...18-11-2008.htm

Please, feedback!
    Thanks!

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

but whats the starting capital for this ea you think?
    i saw the drwadown there and thats quite huge

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

It's all very well and good to show a backtest result using the strategy tester, but what are the real world forward tested results like?

Why not set it up on a demo account and post the investor password for it here so we can track your progress. It looks like you are doing well so far at least on the backtest
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

rubencouto

Red face Kanguru's results

Hello!

I was most encouraged with my EA's results. And the next step would be to try it on a live demo account.
    However, when I tested it in wider time periods (previous to 2008) and on other pairs, things got a lot worse! There where imense drawdowns and profits came down...

Now, I'm back on the drawing board, trying to re-structure it so it becomes more "universal" and able to "take a beating".

Thanks for your input!
    Hope to post improvements soon!

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

hello rubencouto...

why you not share the EA at here??...pls share with me...if i backtest the EA i post the SS at here..

send me at ajid_182@yahoo.com
    Last edited by ajid182; 11-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.

rubencouto

Hello ajid182,

Thanks for your interest, but if the EA turns out to be stabel and profitable I may consider selling it. This is whyI'll not share it here for free.

My current version is still under development. Tha profits are ok, but the drawdown is still not acceptable... Let's see wht improvements I can manage.

Thanks!

rubencouto

Default ?

Quote Originally Posted by youman View Post
    See Live 15 Min Update on trading.
    The statement on page are updated automatically every 15 minutes directly from the broker account. Just refresh the page to see the new results

Click Here

Price is going up again due to overwhelmingly POSITIVE Response

Hello!

Why are you using this thread to advertise (SPAM) your site / system? Why don't you open your own thread?!

Thanks.

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubencouto View Post
    Hello!

Why are you using this thread to advertise (SPAM) your site / system? Why don't you open your own thread?!

Thanks.
    He's been banned for rampant spamming of fap.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

rubencouto

Thanks!

rubencouto

Smile EA Kanguru 6.4.3

Hello!

The Ea now uses ADX (main and +DI, -DI), Stoch, MACD, PSAR, ATR and StdDeviation, on 4H, 1H, 30M and 15M. The idea is to determine trend and, as acuretelly as I possibly can, the entry point. Some of these indicators have simillar functions, but I use them all so I may filter out some of the false signals. For example, to determine the trend, I use mainly the ADX indicator, on a weighted average from 3 different TFs.

There are some exit settings (a sort of emergency exit...), but mainly the exit points are determined by SL and TP (using TS). The SL will always be lower than the TP, at least 15%. The higher the trend's strenght, the lower will SL be (the price will need less "room" for unexpected swings)... TP is calculated according to the trend's strenght also.

Now I'm working on the lots. My ideia is to build the lots both from the trend's strenght as well as the account balance. There is still a lot of work to be done here.

My next step is trying to trim and tunne the EA so that it's profitable on other time periods (previous to 2008) and on other pairs. So, the results so far may not be very important, yet... Some of the previous versions of the EA would have tremendous profits on 2008 and behave very badly on time periods previous to that, which would mean the EA was not stable enough for diferent market conditions.

Here are the latest results of my EA backtesting. These results are not as impressive as the ones of previous versions, but this version of the EA behaves a bit better on other market conditions (for example in periods previous to 2008). I still must do some more tests and tuning!

The fact that it uses 6 indicators helps to rule out some bad signals (unfortunatelly not all of them... lol). I'm still concerned with the drawdown % and with the consecutive loosing trades. The EA still needs a lot of work.

On the money managemente side, I've set it up so that the lots are built according to both (but on different percentages) the trend's strenght and the money available. It will only trade lots that require a margin of up to 2% of the free margin.

Here are the full results:
    http://www.conceptus.net/forex/Kangu...11-12-2008.htm

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

great results but
    1- what is the starting capital
    2- how much the risk
    3- do it put stoplosses
    4-what is the maximum down ward value
    5- what is your favourite pairs ?

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Please show real forward tested results

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

rubencouto,

You will need to have at least 1,000 trades to demonstrate that your EA is stable. Furthermore, you will need to test your EA for at least 10 years period.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Mr. Ruben is still unable to to run it live or even forward testing. Backtesting is always different results compare to live results. Backtesting data most are expired. Demo datas is totally different. It normally looks promising. However, when come to live trading most of the time totally opposite.
    Lets be part of that 5%! -

5% of the people make things happen. 10% of the people watch things happen. The other 85% say what happened? Unknown.

Teach a man on how to fish. Why? -

"If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day. If you teach a man how to fish, he will eat for a lifetime." Ancient Chinese Proverb.

Trader Vs. System
    "Winning the forex market depends 70% on the trader, the other 30% is the system!"-Unknown

The best EA is your experiences and knowledge -R2R.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast