BUY FXO Forum Shares
1316
Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8836$1.9419
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Tutorial on Terminal MetaTrader 4

  1. #1
    Piplet
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Tutorial on Terminal MetaTrader 4

    I am new to the trading platfom and I need tutial on Terminal MetaTrader 4 trading software to be confident with it. Where can I get more detailed explanations of how to use the software --- more than what is in the 'Help' menu.

  2. #2
    Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,323
    FXO Shares
    50
    FXO Bonus
    1.463
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morad22 View Post
    I am new to the trading platfom and I need tutial on Terminal MetaTrader 4 trading software to be confident with it. Where can I get more detailed explanations of how to use the software --- more than what is in the 'Help' menu.
    We have also seen the need for a more detailed tutorial so we are now creating a series of videos to help you get the basics down. Give us a little time though. The project has only just begun.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

  3. #3
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    do anyone have a good beginner guide for metatrader software for newbies? i don't think i like to read form the help file. need more details on the functions of tools etc...thanks

  4. #4
    Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,323
    FXO Shares
    50
    FXO Bonus
    1.463
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norjanah4161 View Post
    do anyone have a good beginner guide for metatrader software for newbies? i don't think i like to read form the help file. need more details on the functions of tools etc...thanks
    Contact me by IM or post your questions here, and I'd be happy to help you.

    In fact, if anyone else has a question about MT4 usage too, post your questions here and they will be answered with pictures included. This thread is now a sticky!
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

  5. #5
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I've read somewhere in the international forum, a trader said that he benefits by making a trailing stop of 2. i wonder how he did that. when i try to adjust trailing value less than 15, the icon cannot be clicked. why is that? can i realll make a trailing stop value 2?

  6. #6
    Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,323
    FXO Shares
    50
    FXO Bonus
    1.463
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norjanah4161 View Post
    I've read somewhere in the international forum, a trader said that he benefits by making a trailing stop of 2. i wonder how he did that. when i try to adjust trailing value less than 15, the icon cannot be clicked. why is that? can i realll make a trailing stop value 2?
    The minimum trailing stop is 15. I personally never use that setting. Most trades intraday are good with 25-40 pip trail. Swing 100+ pip trail.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

  7. #7
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RebateFX.com View Post
    The minimum trailing stop is 15. I personally never use that setting. Most trades intraday are good with 25-40 pip trail. Swing 100+ pip trail.
    Mr.Rebate sir, is the minimum value of trailing stop being decided by the broker? thank you , and is there any chance that the metatrader platform will be upgraded such dat the trailing stop will always in effect even a computer is swithched off?

  8. #8
    Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,323
    FXO Shares
    50
    FXO Bonus
    1.463
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norjanah4161 View Post
    Mr.Rebate sir, is the minimum value of trailing stop being decided by the broker? thank you , and is there any chance that the metatrader platform will be upgraded such dat the trailing stop will always in effect even a computer is swithched off?
    I'm not sure the broker sets the trailing stop levels. I've not seen less than 15 pips before on MT4..

    The trailing stop runs client side, not server side meaning its your computer that sends the orders to the server to adjust the stop loss. If you switch off or disconnect from the net, the stop loss on the server will remain where it was set and not be trailed any more.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

  9. #9
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RebateFX.com View Post
    I'm not sure the broker sets the trailing stop levels. I've not seen less than 15 pips before on MT4..

    The trailing stop runs client side, not server side meaning its your computer that sends the orders to the server to adjust the stop loss. If you switch off or disconnect from the net, the stop loss on the server will remain where it was set and not be trailed any more.
    I see... now i want ask something else. i frequently got this "Confirming your order" thing when i open a new position. is this common? sometimes it requotes many times which makes me lost opportunity to open or close my position. i have asked my IB about this and he said that he had never faced something like this. he recommend me to post my question here. thank you

  10. #10
    Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On the moon
    Posts
    10,853
    FXO Shares
    58
    FXO Bonus
    470.989
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 474 Times in 186 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norjanah4161 View Post
    I see... now i want ask something else. i frequently got this "Confirming your order" thing when i open a new position. is this common? sometimes it requotes many times which makes me lost opportunity to open or close my position. i have asked my IB about this and he said that he had never faced something like this. he recommend me to post my question here. thank you
    Hello Norjanah4161,
    We have Instant Exeqution option which mean that you open a trade with one click so message "Confirming your order" should not be appear at all. Are you sure you get this message in FXOpen MT4? Can you make a screen shot next Monday and post it here?

    Denis Peganov
    Development Director
    FXOPEN NZ LIMITED
    E-mail: denis.peganov@fxopen.org
    http://www.fxopen.com/

  11. #11
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    107
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.350
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    the expert advise in my MT4 is not opening .what wrong with it.

  12. #12
    Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,323
    FXO Shares
    50
    FXO Bonus
    1.463
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 79 Times in 51 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bibhutibhusan chand View Post
    the expert advise in my MT4 is not opening .what wrong with it.
    Have a look in the journal tab. What is the error indicated?
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

  13. #13
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FXOpen Manager View Post
    Hello Norjanah4161,
    We have Instant Exeqution option which mean that you open a trade with one click so message "Confirming your order" should not be appear at all. Are you sure you get this message in FXOpen MT4? Can you make a screen shot next Monday and post it here?
    i'm sorry mr manager for the delay to post this image, quite buzy for the time being as examination is coming, in this image, i only use demo account to give you the situation that i'm currently facing, thank you for your patience.

    The following images will show..

  14. #14
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    99
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norjanah4161 View Post
    i'm sorry mr manager for the delay to post this image, quite buzy for the time being as examination is coming, in this image, i only use demo account to give you the situation that i'm currently facing, thank you for your patience.

    The following images will show..
    I have to zip both images because it exceeds upload limit. so here it is. one is for opening order and the other one is for closing order.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  15. #15
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    109
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    ok , i dunno ifthis is common or wierd ... but when i load a certain template ( harmonic one ) fxopen metatrader client gives me a crashing error msg n then crashes ... this is the 1st time for me to see such thing .. and it kept on doing that every single time i load it ... any help ?..... and yea .. it works fine on a frnd's pc :S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer
2005-2017 © FXOpen All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.

Risk Warning:: Trading on the Forex market involves substantial risks, including complete possible loss of funds and other losses and is not suitable for all members. Clients should make an independent judgment as to whether trading is appropriate for them in the light of their financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance and other factors.

FXOpen Markets Limited, a company duly registered in Nevis under the company No. C 42235. FXOpen is a member of The Financial Commission.

FXOpen AU Pty Ltd., a company authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). AFSL 412871ABN 61 143 678 719.

FXOpen Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07273392 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (previously, the Financial Services Authority) under FCA firm reference number 579202.

FXOpen does not provide services for United States residents.

Join us