We BuyWe Sell
$1.7958$1.8513

Thread: about SL and TP

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default about SL and TP

on metatraders i has do right click on the open order, but i cant type the level on SL and TP boxes, can anyone here help me??

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orcein View Post
    on metatraders i has do right click on the open order, but i cant type the level on SL and TP boxes, can anyone here help me??
    T/p & S/L must be at least 10 pips from your quoted price.
    e.g if you bid at price 13, that your t/p must at least 23, and s/l must be at least 3.

Denis Peganov, FXOpen Development Director cool user FXOpen Manager's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arialun View Post
    T/p & S/L must be at least 10 pips from your quoted price.
    e.g if you bid at price 13, that your t/p must at least 23, and s/l must be at least 3.
    Right you are.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orcein View Post
    happen to me before.. if u notice , fxegypt has a rule where can only set TP 10 pips from open price.. huhu..

example..

u buy EU
    at price 1.3528 .. u wanted to set you TP 5 .. However you can't as meta4 in Fxegypt already set 10 pips from open price..

so set your TP first at 1.3538.. then.. if the market going down -2 pips.. u lowered your TP 2 pips from 1.3538 to 1.3536.. and go on..until u reach your desired TP.. sm_cool

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

It`s reasonable, who would want to have a tp lower than 10 pips?? If you really want to, sit in front of your computer for several minutes, and you`ll be able to manually close your trades....

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Yes, that is only thing we can do...
    And if you want to cut your loss, when you forget to set your SL, and the price moves against you, just do it manually...

Regards,

IIN

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

is there an EA that would put a target profit of lets say 20 pips on all open positions and it would close if its reached. the positions are mixed of many pairs.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Also is there an EA that would close only the GBPUSD open trades and leave the others open for example.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Ability to set SL or TP at whatever price (ie. w/ smallest stop-level possible) is better than do it manually or using EA.

Recent slowdown or server performance problem should be a lesson to you all. By having it set in the server, your order is in front of line to be executed. EA or event manual closing orders will be executed later, if it's possible at all.