Thread: News Trading System

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading System

There are two most popular trading system -
    1. Technical trading or trading by technical analysis and
    2. News trading or trading by fundamental analysis.

In this thread wel will talk about news trading.

When some important news are released it makes some moves in related currency pair. For example if a news about US economy comes much better than expected it will move USDJPY upward. So trading at news time can be a profitable strategy. There are some other factors related to news trading which will discussed here in details.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yes i do trade news when i am sure abt the eefect of the news on the pair to gain abt 30 pips
    SIGN UP UNDER MY REFERRAL LINK BELOW AND GET A GREAT trading method with indicator with autoprice and tp and sl levels that will make you daily 40 pips or more for sure
    JUST SIGN UP AND DEPOSIT THE MIN ,SEND ME A MAIL WITH YOUR ACCT NUMBER
    AND YOU GET THE EA FREE
    https://cabinet.fxopen.com/Actions/R...hx?Agent=91754

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading: Enter just after the news

There are some important things to be considered for news trading. One of them is entry time: There are three options for entry in news time -
    Enter just after the news - it requires very fast information about the news and understand the direction of movement. But in general it take time to know the news and understand it's effect. So when the trader takes dicision to trade, it's too late to enter at a good price and some broker increase spread of the pairs that also reduce profit from the trade. From my opinion it is not wise to enter just after the news if you can't get the news before all other traders.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading: Enter before the news

Today we discuss about another entry system in news trading. In this system trader have to set two pending order as sell and buy some away from market price with specific stop and profit target. For example if we have a big news at 11:30 GMT for USD we can set two pending order at 11:25 GMT. Let the price of USDJPY is 107.50 at 11:25 GMT. Our two pending order can be -
    Sell price 107.30 Stop 107.50 Limit 107.00
    Buy Price 107.70 Stop 107.50 Limit 108.00

So if the news comes with enough deviation to move the price 50 pips in either way we will get 30 from this trade. But the problem is if the market makes spike we can loss 20 pip as well. We can reduce loss risk buy selecting strong news and appropiate currency pair for that news.

This system is good for them who don't have any news source to get the news very quickly.(To be continued)

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading: Enter After first spike

This is a good strategy for them who have to wait some time to get news update from free sources. In this strategy we have to wait up to completion of first spike. For a shocking news, market moves with a big spike for a while. After some time(10-15 minutes) it start retracing. At least 50% of first moved should be retraced. So you can enter at any price below 50% of first spike.

For example, say USDJPY was 107.50-107.60 range before the news. At the first minute it goes up to 108.00(40 pips move). So you should wait for retracement and enter some where below 107.80 and take the opportunity to get at least 40 pips profit. But remember if the news did not deviate a lot, this retracement can recover whole move and never move towords. So before take position you must be sure about the deviation of news.(to be continued)

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading : looking for important news

The most important thinngs in News trading is to undarstand importance of a news. There are a lot of economic calender available on line who marks news as important, most importent, moderately important etc. But the best way is to check at least 3-5 economic calander to make sure to give proper importance to a particular news.

Almost every economic calander provides news heading and importants at the begining of each week. So, at Sunday you can check all economic calander and make a trading plan for the comming week. In this plan you have to identify - which news to trade, how much risk to be taken and how much profit you want from each trading. After making a plan, please don't change that on the time of trading. Follow the plan strickly and that will make you profitable at the end of the week.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i trade EU on news
    because i have studied over time most of the imporatnt news and details of it
    nice wayto gain few pips here and there and it makes my week by just trading some big news
    SIGN UP UNDER MY REFERRAL LINK BELOW AND GET A GREAT trading method with indicator with autoprice and tp and sl levels that will make you daily 40 pips or more for sure
    AND YOU GET THE EA FREE

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default News Trading: Setting up profit target

Another important thing in news trading is setting up profit target. Though it depends on importance of the news and deviation from expected value, but still you can make pre plan for the target based on instrument. For example USDJPY currency pair may move much less than GBPJPY on any news. For USDJPY your target may not more than 30 pips but in GBPJPY you can get as much as 60-70 pips from a nicely deviated important news. But at the same time you have to take much higher risk for volatile pairs like GBPJPY. In case of USDJPY a stop limit of 20 pips is enough but for GBPJPY it should not be less than 35 pips.

So, based on the importants of the news and currency pair you are going to trade, you should prepair a specific target for each trade at the begining of the week. And importantly you must follow your plan.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

On trading news I observed that most news calendar sites on forex are not showing that NFP is taking place tomorrow friday.

Is there anything happening somewhere or what?

I need to know.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by urgentfx View Post
    On trading news I observed that most news calendar sites on forex are not showing that NFP is taking place tomorrow friday.

Is there anything happening somewhere or what?

I need to know.
    friend u doesnt seem to beaware that NFP is already out today as tomorrow is national holiday for USA
    AND YOU GET THE EA FREE

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlinetrader View Post
    friend u doesnt seem to beaware that NFP is already out today as tomorrow is national holiday for USA
    That's right. Tomorrow (friday) is a US holiday so it comes out a day early.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I was out of trading for last theree days, so not worried about NFP of this month.

Director of FXOpen Aus FXOjafar's Avatar
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhasan View Post
    I was out of trading for last theree days, so not worried about NFP of this month.
    That was a good thing believe me. People lose money trying to cheat the news.
    Jafar Calley - Director
    FXOpen AU Pty Ltd
    Level 26 • 1 Bligh Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Australia
    AFSL:412871 ABN:61 143 678 719
    http://www.fxopenaus.com

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I don't trade all news of the week.
    Specially NFP is not my favorite news.
    Even if i was in trading, I just try to observe the behaviour of the market after news release.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nhasan View Post
    Today we discuss about another entry system in news trading. In this system trader have to set two pending order as sell and buy some away from market price with specific stop and profit target. For example if we have a big news at 11:30 GMT for USD we can set two pending order at 11:25 GMT. Let the price of USDJPY is 107.50 at 11:25 GMT. Our two pending order can be -
    Sell price 107.30 Stop 107.50 Limit 107.00
    Buy Price 107.70 Stop 107.50 Limit 108.00

So if the news comes with enough deviation to move the price 50 pips in either way we will get 30 from this trade. But the problem is if the market makes spike we can loss 20 pip as well. We can reduce loss risk buy selecting strong news and appropiate currency pair for that news.

This system is good for them who don't have any news source to get the news very quickly.(To be continued)

I really don't like news trading. I try to avoid this as much as possible. I just close my position if there is coming news or set my stop loss so that it cannot be reached at news time. if the news go against my position, my position is closed and if the news go with my position, i can cash in on the points.

i think it is very risky to "trade the news" (as they say). You cannot be sure of the market reaction. Once before, I was trading the news and the news I get was positive to the currency but the market reaction was to the contrary.

also at news time the market go so fast that you cannot even have the time to react (just matter of seconds). when you enter a trade, the moment the trade is served the price has also moved so much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast