BUY FXO Forum Shares
Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.7725$1.8273
Page 1 of 13 12345 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best timeframe to use?

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default What is the best timeframe to use?

Hi there.. i can say that i am an intraday trader. And i am only using the Free$25 given by the broker. What is the best timeframe for me. Yesterday i made it at 5,15 and 1hr timeframe. And i glance at 4h timeframe and seen a possible down for UJ but it eaten up my margin. When i look back at 1H timeframe it is telling the opposite trend. So now please tell me what is the best one to use for those who have limited margin and with what pair does a certain timeframe best works for.

thanks..

who

i think the best time to work when eurob & usa are open together from 12.00 to 21.00 as there are good moving in prices in this time

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i use 15,30 min TF to trade as the TF below 15 min not really clear and 1H TF is quite useful to see the trendline.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

According to my experiences I use 3 time frame:

Daily - to see the trend
    4H + MACD - to confirm the trend
    30 M + Stoch - to give entry point.

All of 3 TF should give the same signal before I put my entry point.

Nic

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

i think if u use intraday trade, u should use minutes to analyze the market...
    but u have to see the 4 hours and 1 day chart, to make u have the right way...

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

discipline what you need.
    actually each TF had its own value. and you cant just said this one is better or that one is aint.
    if you catch 2 TF is going the opposite direction, then don't trade.
    No OP is a position too.
    Sometimes i enter from big TF like 4H, and could be find the exit spot at 1m or 5m, or 15m.
    And sometimes i can enter from smaller TF, and seek the exit at bigger TF.
    This depends on each trader's style.
    Smaller TF is the blood of Bigger TF vein.

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Ya...that's correct and It;s better if all TF go to the same direction.

Nic

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

youre right aow.. maybe i just lack discipline.. sometimes i do enter trade even if the signal is not yet confirmed hoping it to continue.. but i always failed on this kind of atittude... i think discipline is what i am going to practice at this time.. i am really having a hard time practicing it..

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

If you just want to maximize $25, pls trade safely...get the valid signal before taking position.

Nic

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

yeah nic i will... thanks a lot guys for all your advice. i hope emotion and discipline will be in my heart always in order not to trade with those false signal that i see... i know i can do it..

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

I use the 4H time frame because it fits my personality & strategy
    "Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and continue as if nothing happened" sm_cool sm_happy

In Profit
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jinryll71 View Post
    I use the 4H time frame because it fits my personality & strategy

yeah its best to use timeframes that suits your personality and strategy. me myself also wants to use the 4h TF.. but for the free$25 alone i guess you should not use the 4h TF for $25 cannot support higher swings.. so i guess a trader should also know how touse shorter time frames.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

@dollar_earner ---> I agree. So far Im still working on my $25 bonus . When I get it, I will surely trade shorter time frames... probably scalping style first until I get enough profit to trade on a longer time frame.
    "Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and continue as if nothing happened" sm_cool sm_happy

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Default timeframes

I have read a lot of material and the people who knows says that one must check the trend in higher timeframes, like 4hs and so on, and use the lower timeframes to the entry and exit. I am agree with that. You can take in consideration that this rules are from traders that trade with support and resistence.
    Thanks

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by la totona View Post
    I have read a lot of material and the people who knows says that one must check the trend in higher timeframes, like 4hs and so on, and use the lower timeframes to the entry and exit. I am agree with that. You can take in consideration that this rules are from traders that trade with support and resistence.
    Thanks
    Well taken. Thanks

Page 1 of 13 12345 11 ... LastLast