Jill Carlson, a CoinDesk columnist, is co-founder of the Open Money Initiative, a non-profit research organization working to guarantee the right to a free and open financial system. She is also an investor in early-stage startups with Slow Ventures.

When I worked at Goldman Sachs, one of the running jokes among those around me was that I spent more time trading bitcoin than the bonds I was meant to be covering. Back in 2013, bitcoin was not taken very seriously among my colleagues. Even seven years later, I did not expect much to have changed. So, as I started reading and listening to the Goldman Sachs research piece on bitcoin Wednesday, I was pretty sure I knew where it was going.

The report begins with an overview of the state of the U.S. economy and projections as to what it may look like in a post-COVID-19 world. In particular, the report emphasizes that inflation is unlikely to be something to worry about anytime soon. Dollar demand remains strong and indicators show the pandemic has had effects that are, if anything, deflationary in nature. As I’ve written before, I think this is largely true for the short-to-medium term.

source_https://www.coindesk.com/