BUY FXO Forum Shares
1316
Shares in the BANK:
We BuyWe Sell
$1.8526$1.9099
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Fears Of What Is Next

  1. #1
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    67
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Fears Of What Is Next

    Equity market moves are considered a barometer of investors' risk appetite and so gains in share prices can bolster demand for carry trades which involve selling low yielding currencies to buy higher yielding currencies and assets despite the risks they bring. This is exactly what is happening now in the market as investors' shift their funds to the euro and sterling pound funded by loans from Japan.

    The dollar rose against the euro yesterday after comments from Mr. Trichet suggesting concerns about excessive exchange rate movements. However, today the euro trimmed some of the previous day's losses on the back of carry trades pushing the pair to record a high of 1.5367 and a low of 1.5334.

    Given the rapid incline in oil and food prices, there are well concrete concerns that global inflation will continue to rise significantly. This only increases the pressure of the problems that the Bank of England already faces as they contend with mounting downside risks to growth and uncertainty surrounding the financial markets. This dilemma pushes the GBP/USD pair to fluctuate within narrow ranges to record a high of 2.0094 and a low of 2.0046

    Speculation that the Feds might lower interest rates from the current 3% before its scheduled meeting on March 18 has also spurred dollar selling. But most of all, a report late last week showing the biggest US jobs losses in five years reinforced expectations for further interest rate cuts by the Feds.

    Meanwhile, as we already mentioned above, the yen is losing ground against the greenback as carry trades dominates the market. To elaborate more, the yen dropped as a rally in Asian stocks prompted investors to buy higher yielding assets with loans from Japan. The drop in the yen pushed the pair to the upside to record at this hour a high of 102.17 and a low of 101.44

  2. #2
    Bullish fxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    97
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    EQUITY AND BOD MARKET HAVE CORRELATION WITH FX MARKETS ,thats why its good to trade after the closing of new york market...........

  3. #3
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    the fear is in every newbies mind and even the experts but the monmey managemnent with timetested method helps us to succeed

  4. #4
    In Profit omobaorun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    168
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The fear is in all trader,not only in newbies,but as borntrader said,money and risk management will solve that.
    so all tradersa both new and old should learn more about risk and money management.

  5. #5
    Bullish
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    98
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Fear and Greed are the major enemies in FX market. Remember when u see a professional trader trading you can not guess if he is loosing or winning by watching his face. He is free from emotion, greed and fear.

  6. #6
    In Profit
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    112
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    fear is required in forex market to always go with money management

  7. #7
    Bullish
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    98
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    That is called cautiousness, Not fear. Again warning !!! Feart and greed are two major enemies of the market.

  8. #8
    In Profit
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    277
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aamer View Post
    Equity market moves are considered a barometer of investors' risk appetite and so gains in share prices can bolster demand for carry trades which involve selling low yielding currencies to buy higher yielding currencies and assets despite the risks they bring. This is exactly what is happening now in the market as investors' shift their funds to the euro and sterling pound funded by loans from Japan.

    The dollar rose against the euro yesterday after comments from Mr. Trichet suggesting concerns about excessive exchange rate movements. However, today the euro trimmed some of the previous day's losses on the back of carry trades pushing the pair to record a high of 1.5367 and a low of 1.5334.

    Given the rapid incline in oil and food prices, there are well concrete concerns that global inflation will continue to rise significantly. This only increases the pressure of the problems that the Bank of England already faces as they contend with mounting downside risks to growth and uncertainty surrounding the financial markets. This dilemma pushes the GBP/USD pair to fluctuate within narrow ranges to record a high of 2.0094 and a low of 2.0046

    Speculation that the Feds might lower interest rates from the current 3% before its scheduled meeting on March 18 has also spurred dollar selling. But most of all, a report late last week showing the biggest US jobs losses in five years reinforced expectations for further interest rate cuts by the Feds.

    Meanwhile, as we already mentioned above, the yen is losing ground against the greenback as carry trades dominates the market. To elaborate more, the yen dropped as a rally in Asian stocks prompted investors to buy higher yielding assets with loans from Japan. The drop in the yen pushed the pair to the upside to record at this hour a high of 102.17 and a low of 101.44
    if you have big margin, you'll be less stress...
    with small capital, big stress....
    add more deposit, less fear...
    that's one of our problem, put more money on it...
    we should use money and risk management here...
    not just speculate the trading....so, that's why fear close in our heart...

  9. #9
    Intraday Master qlinks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    385
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.270
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henri.wisdom View Post
    if you have big margin, you'll be less stress...
    with small capital, big stress....
    add more deposit, less fear...
    that's one of our problem, put more money on it...
    we should use money and risk management here...
    not just speculate the trading....so, that's why fear close in our heart...
    sm_smile
    true indeed.
    if your risk is very high, you would naturally fear to lose.
    and your performance would be affected.
    i have been in such situation many times.
    now i exercise money management/control.
    without much fear and stress.
    *

  10. #10
    Elder Analyst
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    823
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omobaorun View Post
    The fear is in all trader,not only in newbies,but as borntrader said,money and risk management will solve that.
    so all tradersa both new and old should learn more about risk and money management.
    i dont think so bud.
    only newbie can fear here

  11. #11
    Bullish
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    97
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    like he said, risk and money management is key-fear or no fear,newbie or oldbie-forex is no respecter of persons

  12. #12
    Bullish fxtrader77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    97
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    yes but i think greed is a good thing in forex market but fear make me close profit trades
    and donot close the loss ones

  13. #13
    In Profit Psymon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    189
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I find it hard to beleive that even after years of trading, dealing with ever increasing amounts of money that the fear ever goes away, does anyone think that buffet gets the fear when placing a 20 billion $ trade? you know that split second just before you hit the button, when your reviewing every single peice of data at once, making sure you've not missed anything, having that little voice of doubt, then silencing it by pressing the button, feeling confident?

    Isn't that one of the secret reasons everyone is in this business? you know earn money, get independent, feel alive.
    Psymon Peers

  14. #14
    bisaddkunlevics
    Guest

    Default

    It is true that fear kill, one should be cautioned of it.Enotions kills...

  15. #15
    In Profit taseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    139
    FXO Shares
    0
    FXO Bonus
    0.000
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    just fotgot the fear and traid with positive mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer
2005-2016 © FXOpen All rights reserved. Various trademarks held by their respective owners.

Risk Warning:: Trading on the Forex market involves substantial risks, including complete possible loss of funds and other losses and is not suitable for all members. Clients should make an independent judgment as to whether trading is appropriate for them in the light of their financial condition, investment experience, risk tolerance and other factors.

FXOpen Markets Limited, a company duly registered in Nevis under the company No. C 42235. FXOpen is a member of The Financial Commission.

FXOpen AU Pty Ltd., a company authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). AFSL 412871ABN 61 143 678 719.

FXOpen Ltd. a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07273392 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (previously, the Financial Services Authority) under FCA firm reference number 579202.

FXOpen does not provide services for United States residents.

Join us