PDA

View Full Version : Basics Of Candlesticks

kazim2k7
05-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Where do Candlesticks Come From?
In the 1600s, the Japanese developed a method of technical analysis to analyze the price of rice contracts. This technique is called candlestick charting. Candlestick charts are simply a new way of looking at price; they don't involve any calculations.

What do Candlesticks Look Like?
Candlestick charts are much more visually appealing than a standard two-dimensional bar chart. As in a standard bar chart, there are four elements necessary to construct a candlestick chart, the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and CLOSING price for a given time period.

The body of the candlestick is called the real body, and represents the range between the open and closing prices.

A black or filled-in body represents that the close during that time period was lower than the open, (normally considered bearish) and when the body is open or white, that means the close was higher than the open (normally bullish).
The thin vertical line above and/or below the real body is called the upper/lower shadow, representing the high/low price extremes for the period (one period of time measures the duration of selling or buying within the market). As a trader, you can use any time period you want, time intervals may be a tick chart, 1 min, 5min, 10 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, 1 day,

Mohsen
08-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Where do Candlesticks Come From?
In the 1600s, the Japanese developed a method of technical analysis to analyze the price of rice contracts. This technique is called candlestick charting. Candlestick charts are simply a new way of looking at price; they don't involve any calculations.

What do Candlesticks Look Like?
Candlestick charts are much more visually appealing than a standard two-dimensional bar chart. As in a standard bar chart, there are four elements necessary to construct a candlestick chart, the OPEN, HIGH, LOW and CLOSING price for a given time period.

The body of the candlestick is called the real body, and represents the range between the open and closing prices.

A black or filled-in body represents that the close during that time period was lower than the open, (normally considered bearish) and when the body is open or white, that means the close was higher than the open (normally bullish).
The thin vertical line above and/or below the real body is called the upper/lower shadow, representing the high/low price extremes for the period (one period of time measures the duration of selling or buying within the market). As a trader, you can use any time period you want, time intervals may be a tick chart, 1 min, 5min, 10 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, 1 day,

it is end of this topic?
about Candlesticks i suggest read this ebook
it is realy fantastic
Japanese Candlestick Charting BY:STIVE NISON

i will try to post main part of this ebook here that all use them
3dblob

FXOjafar
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
it is end of this topic?
about Candlesticks i suggest read this ebook
it is realy fantastic
Japanese Candlestick Charting BY:STIVE NISON

i will try to post main part of this ebook here that all use them
3dblob

That would be nice, but please don't post it here if it is copyrighted. We don't want FX Egypt to end up in court for copyright infringement ;)

Kang_Gun
08-11-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah.. but if there is an free e-book just upload here.. so we can download it and learn

saptowiratmo
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
i'll wait the free e-book...:) i really want to learn about the candlestick..

trade4arab
11-19-2007, 07:01 PM
That would be nice.we wait the book

sugali
11-19-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah stilll wait for books

thegreat
11-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forum today. Please does FX Open have a demo Trading platform where I can learn to use the Platform before I start trading?

FXOpen Manager
11-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi,

I just joined the forum today. Please does FX Open have a demo Trading platform where I can learn to use the Platform before I start trading?

Welcome thegreat,
Just open MT4 terminal use "File" menu, "Open an account" tab.
Have a good trades.

FXOjafar
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Hi,

You can download the platform from http://fxopen.com/Download/fx4setup.exe

Then open a demo as FXOpen Manager suggests.

fxfighter
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Please continue post ur candlestics trading strategies. Share ur knowlege with beginners.

omobaorun
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
won't the candle stick book be pasted again.
i'll like to hav a taste of what it contained.Thanks

omobaorun
03-16-2008, 05:31 PM
but be careful please,if itis copyright protected don't post as some earlier wrote,but you can let the other forumers know the state because some of us are waiting to read what it contained.
Thanks

shettythilak
05-28-2008, 01:44 PM
i cant understand one thing about candlesticks, for a time frame closing price of a candle stick should be open price of another candle stick. But I found there were several pip differences are appearing between previous candlesticks closing price and present candle sticks opening price, actually how it works ?any explanation ?

max2sf
06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
i cant understand one thing about candlesticks, for a time frame closing price of a candle stick should be open price of another candle stick. But I found there were several pip differences are appearing between previous candlesticks closing price and present candle sticks opening price, actually how it works ?any explanation ?
this usually occurs frequently on lower timeframes
when such thing occurs on the daily or 4h charts the gaps are usually filled back by following candlesticks

haili5
06-15-2008, 02:59 PM
I think there are lots of things to learn about candlesticks. I have been trying to, but atimes I get more confused.

max2sf
06-18-2008, 12:40 PM
read japanese candlestick patterns book one of the best in candlestick studies

sijack
08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
is there any indicator about Candlestick pattern,so i can download it?
I am interest about this, please.

nonwon85
08-05-2008, 03:07 AM
u may search it at www.forexacademy.com. there will be free online class

IndigoSUN
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
that called a GAP

ceestech
03-03-2012, 12:22 AM
what advantages does the candlestick chart have over the other charts.

ceestech
03-03-2012, 12:26 AM

To me I perfer the the line chart better better because its easier to understand where the market is coming from interms of its lowest and highest points. What about you?

janknoah
03-08-2012, 06:44 AM
The reason why it seems candlesticks are better is because, the shows the price open, its highs and lows and also indicates changes in every minutes.

ceestech
03-08-2012, 10:39 AM
but there are some indicators that you may attach to the other charts that may also show the same thing don't you think so.

janknoah
03-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Indicators show market movements and also try to predict future movements, but candlesticks show the current positions of things and also possible lie of next actions.

kalex76
03-11-2012, 01:06 PM
yes,candle stick are the patterns ,which we can see in the trading charts - it is not an indicator .People i think often get confusion.

janknoah
03-13-2012, 05:57 PM
There are too many things to candlesticks. Things even which only professionals can understand.

puji
03-23-2012, 11:01 PM
study of candlestick patterns are the basics that it should also be studied because, although using a variety of possible indicators are often used is the pattern of the candle stick and it requires a seriousness and earnestness in the study.

janknoah
03-25-2012, 10:45 AM
The best ways to identify candlesticks chart patterns in my using trend lines. They way, the patterns becomes obvious from the lines

ilearn2t
03-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone

Candlesticks chart patterns can be seen/used with/without indicators by all sorts of traders. As you gain experience in candlestick techniques, and teach yourself a system based on the candlestick method you'll discover which candlestick combination will work best for you.

Good luck
ilearn2t

prawinkurdeg
03-25-2012, 12:16 PM
The best ways to identify candlesticks chart patterns in my using trend lines. They way, the patterns becomes obvious from the lines

How we can use trend lines to indentify patterns , can you explain it in a bit details. I dont use trend lines with candles but I see line chart for trend determination.

adnan10076
03-26-2012, 05:40 AM
...............Candlestick charts are an effective way of visualizing price movements. There are two basic candlesticks:
Bullish Candle: When the close is higher than the open (usually green or white)
Bearish Candle: When the close is lower than the open (usually red or black)

puji
03-28-2012, 11:09 PM
indeed there are many traders who can analyze the chart just by looking at the shape or pattern of the candle and this may require learning a serious and earnest as I also still can not learn it.

janknoah
03-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Those who don't use indicators can trade with only candlesticks charts., as compared to other charts

kalex76
03-29-2012, 02:01 PM
I feel that candlesticks charts are combined with various indicators to get the perfect trend .. for that good ideas about the basics of candlesticks is needed.

qlinks
03-30-2012, 03:04 AM

Many prefer candlestick chart because there's a whole lot of methods and techniques developed and used to trade, such as
candlestick patterns. There are bullish and bearish candlestick patterns. There are also reversal and continuation canflestick
patterns. Examples are bullish and bearish engulfing, hammers and hanging-man, piercing pattern, morning star, evening star, bullish and bearish harami, and many others.

janknoah
03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
In forex trading, most analysis are based on candlesticks. The chart patterns, double tops and bottoms are more visible with it. It is bolder as compared to lines and bars

berich
03-30-2012, 10:35 PM
The use of candlestick for analysis is very interesting to get various candlestick diagrams, their interpretations and how to use them you can visit candlesticker.com

Dangerous
03-31-2012, 04:29 AM
The use of candlestick for analysis is very interesting to get various candlestick diagrams, their interpretations and how to use them you can visit candlesticker.com

Don`t need to tell the site you should tell here about the specific pattern which occurs if in the chart then how we should react to the market like a doji told us to sell the currency

zidane88
03-31-2012, 09:29 PM

Certainly Candlestick are very important because I'm personally adopted in some cases, these candles and a feather in the trading on Forex, but not in these times

umar.ctn
04-01-2012, 01:08 PM
A candlestick describes the open, high, low and close price of the trading period in a single candle. If you’re looking at a 15 minute chart, then each candle represents a 15 minute timeframe. An hourly candle, represents price movement in one hour.

janknoah
04-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Candlesticks charts to me stands as trends at different times, though short trends. Because if it is a buy candlestick, it will stand as a single trend and so on

sarakhan
04-05-2012, 09:23 AM
The most amazing and powerful advantage of candlestick charts is that the size and color of the real body can send out volumes of information.....

zeb
04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Candlestick trading analysis does not require knowing intricate formulas or ratios. As its result is clear and easy to identify the turns in investor sentiment.

sarakhan
04-07-2012, 10:51 AM
A candlestick describes the open, high, low and close price of the trading period in a single candle. If you’re looking at a 15 minute chart, then each candle represents a 15 minute timeframe. An hourly candle, represents price movement in one hour. and so one.....

imbest
04-08-2012, 07:14 PM
This is basic information and you should know about the different candle pattern which can be used for making entry and exit points by many successful traders.

adnan10076
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
The main benefit of candlesticks is that traders can immediately notice whether prices rose or fell over a time frame

sarakhan
04-13-2012, 04:35 AM
candlesticks charts can used primarily to describe price movements of a security or currency over time. which is really helpful for traders.

zeb
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
The series of small-bodied candlesticks are regarded as a period of consolidation before the uptrend is able to continue.

adnan10076
04-18-2012, 04:58 AM
candlesticks is the charting technique which makes it easy to see the relationship between the opening and the closing prices for specific periods of time...