PDA

View Full Version : MT4 far more recommendable than mt5

blessedfx
06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
just like MS office new versions are usually more complex to use and a lot of new users find it difficult to use them.......... so as an average trader or a beginner, i strongly recommend MT4..... cus you will find it easier to use...:sm35:

Yasmeen
06-14-2013, 04:53 PM
yeah right specially the absence of hedging feature in the mt5 giving another reason to use mt4 in real trading as we all know the importance of hedging in trading

CPA
06-18-2013, 09:29 AM
I tried and install MT4 on my home laptop but i have been required a server name and a password. Honestly it is the first time i see those details downloading MT4. So i haven't be able to achieve that task. Can somebody give me a hand ?

vicbaba
06-18-2013, 10:27 AM
New things are always very difficult to understand before you get use to it. As of mt4 people are already use to it and can manipulate it the way they want, the new mt5 is not compatible with mt4. An indicator coded for mt4 cannot work in mt5 which is very bad, programmers will need to learn the new mt5 language to be able to code an indicator or EA for mt5.

Resolve
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
I tried and install MT4 on my home laptop but i have been required a server name and a password. Honestly it is the first time i see those details downloading MT4. So i haven't be able to achieve that task. Can somebody give me a hand ?

Dear CPA,

Our Servers

Server for FXOpen MT4 Demo: demo.fxopen.com:443

Server for FXOpen ECN Demo: ecndemo.fxopen.com:443

Servers for FXOpen Live trading: real1.fxopen.com:443
real2.fxopen.com:443
real3.fxopen.com:443

Servers for FXOpen ECN Live trading: ecn.fxopen.com:443

superstar123
06-21-2013, 09:57 AM
The MT5 offers features which the MT4 doesn’t such as more advanced graphs and analytical tools as well as more timeframes including 2 minutes and 8 hours. Moreover, the Metatrader 5 provides further ways of trades in terms of both investment instruments and trade methodologies.

While the MT4 and MT5 are developed to perform the same task, they are slightly different from one another and offer different features that present as advantages and disadvantages to both Forex traders and brokers. Most Forex traders, especially beginners, consider the MT5 a letdown and prefer to continue with the older version.

Overall, the MT4 platform is still the most widely used platform and will continually be unless the MT5 offers the capacities that MT4 traders are looking for.

CPA
06-22-2013, 10:07 AM
The MT5 offers features which the MT4 doesn’t such as more advanced graphs and analytical tools as well as more timeframes including 2 minutes and 8 hours. Moreover, the Metatrader 5 provides further ways of trades in terms of both investment instruments and trade methodologies.

While the MT4 and MT5 are developed to perform the same task, they are slightly different from one another and offer different features that present as advantages and disadvantages to both Forex traders and brokers. Most Forex traders, especially beginners, consider the MT5 a letdown and prefer to continue with the older version.

Overall, the MT4 platform is still the most widely used platform and will continually be unless the MT5 offers the capacities that MT4 traders are looking for.

So you trade with MT5, can you share your experience with us. I mean you can show a thumbnail with trade performance as lot of us did allready with MT4. I personnally will appreciate it if yould do it!

adelvalle
07-22-2013, 08:28 PM
The meta trader 4 it can have on your computer that does not require last generation. For just quietly allowed to operate in real time. is simple easy to understand.
MetaTrader 4 can control the market for second by second and automatically handle all your trades. can operate faster

- - - Updated - - -

easy installation.

- - - Updated - - -

is available for all accounts instead reaes the meta trader 5 sometimes not for all

Claude
07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
I've just tried MT5 today, just for fun and I actually liked it. I'm now considering the possibility to switch to it. Let's see how my demo are going to act for a next month or two.

adelvalle
07-23-2013, 06:11 PM
MetaTrader 4 - This is the fourth generation of online trading platforms, developed by Meta Quotes software company Software Corp. most investors use MetaTrader 4. for the analysis of financial markets and to manage their investment accounts. This program is designed for online trading in forex, contracts for differences, futures and stocks.

rachid0311
07-31-2013, 01:45 AM
wow i was not aware of that but i liked mt4 even if i have never tryied mt5 .suit me well

yezid
08-22-2013, 11:00 PM
The mt4 platform is the widest used platform in the world of forex compared to mt5. This is due to the fact that the mt4 was on ground before mt5. I will say that the mt4 is still the best for now, since there are lots of complaints about the mt5 platform which is supposed to be an advance mt4. Nevertheless, it is the duty of each trader to test the two in order to know which one he will prefer. But as for me, I trade with the mt4 platform.

09-08-2013, 01:24 AM
I want to know whethe FXopen Server support mt5 connection ?
By the way, I want to know when FXOpen official distribute meta trader 5 client ?
Some Other Broker is already support meta trader 5 for a long time.

samurai3x
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
just like MS office new versions are usually more complex to use and a lot of new users find it difficult to use them.......... so as an average trader or a beginner, i strongly recommend MT4..... cus you will find it easier to use...:sm35:

I think it is not easy to run a transition from mt4 to MT5, because the convenience factor, it should be done in a gradual transition process, adding some features without removing other features. While we got something missing, like mulit OP for one direction and hedging, it obviously would make traders feel less comfortable.

adelvalle
09-10-2013, 04:04 PM
For trading in financial markets, traders need a program that allows them to analyze quotes, make trade transactions and develop trade strategies. MetaTrader 4 will equip you with everything you need to thrive in challenging financial markets today. is the best and easy to learn and use. trading platform complete cycle which includes both components back-office and front terminals. worthwhile. increasingly move more.

tocox
09-20-2013, 10:19 AM
I think that MT5 is the new era for scalping robots, only programmers will have job to recode old scalping robots from mt4 to mt5, this is because the execution time for order for mt5 is 10 times faster then mt4, the other positive thing from mt5 is programming tools in mt5 so everybody can code own EA whit user-friendly environment. So why we are waiting lets start using new platform MT5.

hamba_taat
09-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Between MT4 and MT5 which one is the best to use?From now i just use MT4 only.Not yet try MT5..Any suggestion?

tocox
09-25-2013, 12:43 AM
If you are new in programming and if you want to scalp is better to use MT5. It has better execution time.

ragib
10-18-2013, 02:43 PM
charting in mt5 is far more better than mt4, so i just do my trading on mt4 platform and open a demo mt5 account just to monitor the price.

guzda
10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I just don't think that MT5 will ever get the place of MT4. As we can see many, many brokers still use MT4 for their customers. I like MT5 but I do not use it as my brokers like MT4. Maybe we will have to wait MT6 to go for a new trading platform (:

f3y
11-07-2013, 08:39 AM
i think mt5 better then mt4 and more fast ..(faster to get profit and lost.. :D)

Forexmish
11-11-2013, 06:18 AM
For me I think Mt4 is better. It is just the right type of platform for me. Hmm I never knew it is faster. Have you used it before?

Resolve
11-12-2013, 03:39 PM
For me I think Mt4 is better. It is just the right type of platform for me. I love it.

Most of the Forex traders are using Meta Trader as it is the most widely used and robust trading platform. The wide range of technical indicators and expert advisers available make it more popular among traders :)

Forexmish
11-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Most of the Forex traders are using Meta Trader as it is the most widely used and robust trading platform. The wide range of technical indicators and expert advisers available make it more popular among traders :)

Yes that is true. But why is Fxopen not having MT5 trader yet. Or are they working on getting it soon?

Resolve
11-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Yes that is true. But why is Fxopen not having MT5 trader yet. Or are they working on getting it soon?

We will announce once the Meta Trader 5 gets released by FxOpen :)