PDA

View Full Version : What's an Expert Advisor

ilearn2t
03-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Hello Everyone

An Expert Advisor (EA) can make automatic trades based on the parameters on codes into the programming.

I find using them can be very risky unless you have full control over them and combine manual trading as backup. its always best to analysis the markets first to increase your profits.

I set my (little helper) EA to start TrailingStops at 15 pips above the open market price.

Good luck
ilearn2t

janknoah
03-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Experts advisers are programmed robots which can run live orders on the account of the trader who installs it. There are certain parameters to apply before a trader can get the best of an ea. Each ea works based system or strategy that defines its operation

ilearn2t
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Hello janknoah

An EA can effectively function for the good of your trading if you know how to program a good one and how to use it. (With or without manual trading)

The main benefits of EA's:

The ability to operate using a large amount of calculations.
You can program them to do exactly how you want.
Trade 24 hours aday.
Instant processing of large amount of data.
Eliminates the mistakes made by human traders.
Automated trading is quite easy, it can faced out manual trading by taking over a large amount of the tasks.

Disadvantage:

Programmed by a human brain.

Good luck
ilearn2t

enjoylife
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Expert advisors are the programs or automated software which a trader can install and and they trade automatically in the markets based on the setting and the program.I do not prefer to use EA and like to trade manually.

ilearn2t
03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Hello enjoylife

I would totally agree, unless you have full function of the MQ4 (MetaQuotes Language) file and you personally coded it, you could come a cross server problems with the EA.

But you must know every function involved in it setup and apply safe guard function codes within it for added protection.

Good luck
ilearn2t

KingOfLeon
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
I didn't use any ea so far on my trading forpolio, personally, in my point of view EA cant read what market partcipant wants? Do you agree with me? Or just me thing something like thats T.T

ilearn2t
03-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello KingOfLeon

I would totally agree, unless you have experience in MQL4 programming you should never use an EA.

Good luck
ilearn2t

janknoah
03-29-2012, 11:36 PM
There are users who can crack ea's to suit there style of trading. Though as ilearnt said, you need to be experience that field of programming

theny
03-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Hello KingOfLeon

I would totally agree, unless you have experience in MQL4 programming you should never use an EA.

Good luck
ilearn2tif we could do a good trade with the manual I think we do not need to use the EA and if we can keep an eye on the market ama course, because this will give us convenience in analyzing the trade with our own minds

ilearn2t
03-30-2012, 02:51 PM
There are users who can crack ea's to suit there style of trading. Though as ilearnt said, you need to be experience that field of programming

Hello Everyone

Any user of these illegal cracked/hacked EA's could be seen as breaking a broker's laws on this subject. So I'd be very careful about replying to this question.

Good luck
ilearn2t

kalex76
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I feel there is no need to go for illegal EA's as hundreds of EA's are present in the online world ..just we have to try those and find out the best for our use .Frankly making new EAs needs more experience and understanding about the computer languages.

cutedani
03-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Expert adviser are those who are the teacher of forex and we need to rake help from them because they have much experience.

ilearn2t
03-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello cutedani

Yes, EA's should be used by someone with a bit of knowledge in this field. But non-programmers can also benefit from their skills, the EA only does what every trader can do, it can't magic up numbers to made profits.

Any member can place orders identical to that of my EA, simply by following the program my EA is coded to do.

Hello marwa

My trading involves Buy orders only, using EUR/USD GBP/USD USD/CHF USD/CAD.
Because of correlation between the 4 currency pairs I use one against the other as a kind of StopLoss without needing to apply any SL.

EUR/USD & GBP/USD tend to move in the opposite dirrection from the USD/CHF & USD/CAD.

If you look at it another way EUR/GBP/CHF/CAD v USD so (EUR or GBP/CHF or CAD) its that simple.

I use an EA I programmed that places BuyStops on all 4 pair with a gap of 20 pips, so say the EUR/USD & GBP/USD goes up 20 pips and the USD/CHF & USD/CAD go down 20 pips the first two will become Buy orders, but the other two will be 40 pips below their start price, so I programmed the EA to modify downward by 5 pips every 20 pips below.

So if the first two go another 30 pips up the other two will still be 20 pips below trigger price dispite falling 50 pips each.

But at this point my EA is coded to start a 15 pip TrailingStop so I now have two orders with a gauranteed 15 pips each.

If they fall 15 pips and close and two new BuyStops are added. Now I've got 30 pips profit, and 4 BuyStops again.

Great in an ideal world, but its not that simple in the Forex world, but I just trust my little helper.

While I'm at the platform I can take over from the auto trading and modify the TrailingStop or pending orders if I need to, but as this is only a contest on a demo account I mainly just sit back and watch.

Good luck
ilearn2t

So the next time you see a (100% fully guranteed, out of this world, money back offer) EA's statement. Take a look at its placing of orders routine, note somethings like the time of each "open" order and you'll get an idea how the programmer coded this "Millinon dollar" Expert Advisor, to do something every trader does every trading day of the week.

seahawks90
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
EA stands for Expert advisory , this process is made for the traders , they can take help from the expert traders and can make some good profit.

umar.ctn
03-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Expert Advisors are very flexible pieces of software that can take any information into account that is available on the metatrader platform.

ilearn2t
03-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello seahawks90 & umar.ctn

What's good about the EA, it can execute multiple trades in only a fraction of the time it would take a trader to do so. I sometimes get a re-quote during a "volatile" period using manual, while my EA continued to work away unhindered.

Good luck
ilearn2t

kalex76
03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Hello cutedani

Yes, EA's should be used by someone with a bit of knowledge in this field. But non-programmers can also benefit from their skills, the EA only does what every trader can do, it can't magic up numbers to made profits.

Any member can place orders identical to that of my EA, simply by following the program my EA is coded to do.

So the next time you see a (100% fully guranteed, out of this world, money back offer) EA's statement. Take a look at its placing of orders routine, note somethings like the time of each "open" order and you'll get an idea how the programmer coded this "Millinon dollar" Expert Advisor, to do something every trader does every trading day of the week.

Even non programmers can be benefited from these EA's ..just they have to follow the working pattern of that EA's and try to find out the most accurate process from that.Its very sure that if we can grab the programmers code perfectly,profit can easily come from such EA's.

ilearn2t
03-31-2012, 02:17 PM
Hello kalex76

Yes I'd agree, if you have the full MetaEditor control over the EA and know how to code it.

But if you mean someone else's EX4 file, forget it.

Ask yourself why you're using the ex4 file in the first place, if its an illegal copy its to dangerous to use as it could contain a virus or a hidden program that wipes out your account.

If you purchased it, why did the programmer sell it?

Good luck
ilearn2t

janknoah
03-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I have tried to edit an expert adviser, but it was not easy. Though i was just practicing after reading an article about metaquotes programming. But for me, there is no need for that, those who provide them, can do it if you request

zidane88
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Is the style of trading as you can make an expert advisor for you, which is trading on Forex on the same path or strategy that you rely on Forex

janknoah
03-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Experts advisers are seen to suit some strategies and styles. That is why some are scalping ea, hedging ea, intraday ea. And they also have times frames suitable for them

theny
04-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I have tried to edit an expert adviser, but it was not easy. Though i was just practicing after reading an article about metaquotes programming. But for me, there is no need for that, those who provide them, can do it if you request
My own view is that it seems the performance of a trading system that will be the same between ea and manual trade because we must both understand the trading facility is in us

kalex76
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Hello kalex76

Yes I'd agree, if you have the full MetaEditor control over the EA and know how to code it.

But if you mean someone else's EX4 file, forget it.

Ask yourself why you're using the ex4 file in the first place, if its an illegal copy its to dangerous to use as it could contain a virus or a hidden program that wipes out your account.

If you purchased it, why did the programmer sell it?

Good luck
ilearn2t

Actually i saw that some EA's are having the purchasing licence number and without that no one can fix that EA in the MT4 platform and of course the programmers are selling to get Hugh money .

If that EA could give millions of money ..why the programmers sell those ? ..so,one could guess from this only everything.

ilearn2t
04-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Hello kalex76

Yes, the programmer can add the account number (or DLL file) to each EA one purchases, both can be cracked, but once the market shifts you'll not be able to change with the times, unless you can change every function in the inputs box.

Again you're correct, why waste the time selling the EA for a few $'s when you could make $millions trading with it.

Hello janknoah

Unless you're using an illegal EA editing the EA is not easy, its impossible.

Good luck
ilearn2t

janknoah
04-01-2012, 09:59 PM
There are experts who can crack ea's, that is experts in the field of programming. It is just a written program, so anything is possible. If you are an expert in forex and programming, you can crack an ea to suit your trading

kalex76
04-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello kalex76

Yes, the programmer can add the account number (or DLL file) to each EA one purchases, both can be cracked, but once the market shifts you'll not be able to change with the times, unless you can change every function in the inputs box.

Again you're correct, why waste the time selling the EA for a few $'s when you could make $millions trading with it.

Hello janknoah

Unless you're using an illegal EA editing the EA is not easy, its impossible.

Good luck
ilearn2t

There may be many EA making program software but yes you can't edit that EA ..its not an easy jobs .Many are having licence also and editing will be against their TOS.

zidane88
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
There are experts who can crack ea's, that is experts in the field of programming. It is just a written program, so anything is possible. If you are an expert in forex and programming, you can crack an ea to suit your trading

At times I tried to learn programming language Meta Trader 4 and but I think it's rather complex and therefore left out of work because I want to make an expert advisor to trade it in FOREX

ilearn2t
04-16-2012, 01:38 PM

Hello janknoah

Yes, some can crack these EA's, I'm not sure if FXOpen "Rules" allow such thing to happen, but other forex brokers "support" forums allow these cracked EA's to be downloaded from within their websites, but would you invest in a broker who would openly involve themselves in this practice. I for one would never. :sm1:

Good luck
ilearn2t