PDA

View Full Version : Locking profits

janknoah
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Just like stop losses, locking profits can help a trader reduce the harsh losses of trading, especially during news release when you are holding a profitable position.
At such times your winning trade could turn losing, but if you have used lock profits, some locked profits would be saved.
How to lock profits?
If you open an order, say USD/JPY long @ 80.00, when the position moves 30 pips up, you can lock 20pips by moving your stop loss to 80.20 or depending on your lots sizes.
Who locks profits, what's your experience?

ghprod
03-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Depend on pair volatile, sometimes lock profit could destroy your profit ..
lets say you sell on 80.00 you want hit TP 100 pips..after 40 floating you set SL into +1 .. and suddenly price create wide spike .. hit your SL .. then down again ... so how about it?

kalex76
03-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Locking profit may be dangerous sometimes.

yesterday when the EUR/USD suddenly start falling from the 1.325 level ,i put the TP in the first Support level of 1.3194 .But within a span of time that went up to the 1.312 level .

adnan10076
03-12-2012, 05:03 AM
By locking in, that portion of the investment is no longer exposed to risks. All profits are unrealized until the position is closed. That why it is used for profit like stop loss.

yuventius bhasyudewo se
03-12-2012, 07:53 AM
sometimes using lock profit I can got more rebates (from rebates account) than close position directly because when I directly close position in rebates account I just only once times rebates but using locking profit I got twice rebates

ceestech
03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
so based on the concert of lock profit what are the steps to set it

radex78
03-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Sometime if my order get floating profit,i am changed my stop loss in profit area,so if price eventually hit stop loss , i am still get profit,iactually i ever get EA lock profit,but i am not use it in my chart,i don't like use ea

ilearn2t
03-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Hello radex78

I'd agree, but the TrailingStop can be seen as an EA, while the StopLoss as manual, I've over 200 trades closed on the StopLoss and all in profit. You only need 11 pips in profit, to set StopLoss as a winning one, were you have to wait until 16 pips before it would close in profit.

Good luck
ilearn2t

adnan10076
03-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Forex profit is an idea that has been sold around the internet to people , set a take profit; You can set your stop to be a trailing stop that will lock on profits....

adnan10076
03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Locking is applied as or instead of stop-loss for losses limiting. The mechanism of lock establishment is rather simple – if a deal is unprofitable, there is set pending order at some distance from the price.

dustlee
03-17-2012, 05:18 PM
locking of profit is a way to ensure you are not risk your money when the trend change against you. if the price spike, cut your SL and go back up, just re enter the trade and continue to win.

losing money from a winning trade is the worst trade management.

mohandahmd
03-17-2012, 05:28 PM
it is very good method to use locking profit and you must use stop loss if your balance is not big to bear loss i do not use stop loss for my orders every day i look for the price will return wait more than 2 weeks difference more than 400 pips and my balance became .94$ so you must use sl

janknoah
03-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Locking profits ensure you keep your already made profits. Though not all and at the same time, it prevents you from high losses

carthago
03-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Nice that function well with you, but I am also still prefer using stop loss than Trailling stop because it rarely hits my stop loss.

newentry
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Depend on pair volatile, sometimes lock profit could destroy your profit ..
lets say you sell on 80.00 you want hit TP 100 pips..after 40 floating you set SL into +1 .. and suddenly price create wide spike .. hit your SL .. then down again ... so how about it?

that is the risk and for it the trader have to know about it and get understanding ...so bck to the trader, if they want to save their profit then they can use pip locker and because there is no warranty if the TP will be touched

Morgan
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
it doesn't work with some pairs
like GBPJPY , always moves in strong way , so it might hit your stop lose then hit your target
using trailing stop with this pair will destroy what you have earned

berich
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong is locking profit not tantamount to take profit?

adnan10076
03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
As the name suggests, take-profit orders are used to lock in profits in the event the rate moves in a favorable direction. For example, if you are long a currency pair position and believe the price will rise to a certain level, but are unsure what it will do beyond that level, placing a take-profit order at that point will automatically close out your position allowing you to lock in profit.

puji
03-22-2012, 06:27 AM
uses locking profit was able to keep account of profit so as not to be a loss again and it's better than getting a stop loss is moved.

enjoylife
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Traders who have positive float and also they feel that the markets will continue to go in same direction and they have chance to earn more profits can lock their profits so that they do not loose in the same trade even if the markets reversed from there.

adnan10076
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Lock Profit EA is a must for every trader. Automatically sets your Stop loss Locks your profit so you don't have to adjust your stop loss *It locks your Profit when price retrace. What you say about this...???

zidane88
03-23-2012, 05:43 PM
The idea is not to look at the profits that are realized at Forex But we must also look to more of the things that make us know how to keep the profits and how to increase

dustlee
03-24-2012, 04:05 AM
It would be better to know how many pips profit we need for a single trade, stick to it and either close or move SL to in profit position.

newentry
03-24-2012, 04:25 AM
we have to accept for all condition and for what we choose..
locking profit is away to lock the profit that we get and we do not want to loss our profit when the trend against the order..
we can use trailing stop loss, or pips locker..
there some advantages and disadvantages with it, just think and choose for the best you want to take it

imbest
03-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Trailing stop works only when the terminal is running. I have no time to keep it on all the time so this factor is null for me. I used to set my SL and TP and go for some other work.

shapiraa
03-24-2012, 08:42 AM
usually i dont use trailing stop. i only use sl and tp. but sometime i modify my sl manualy. and if the price make a spike and get sl it is no problem for me because better do not get profit than get loss.

Kinglord
03-24-2012, 09:51 AM
usually i dont use trailing stop. i only use sl and tp. but sometime i modify my sl manualy. and if the price make a spike and get sl it is no problem for me because better do not get profit than get loss.

Stop Loss and Take profit is must. We should use of Take Profit and Stop Loss at each Trade. Our risk is much less. It is always Better to use them.

adnan10076
03-24-2012, 11:33 AM
locking in profits is not about winning or being right. Locking in profits is about sound money management principles.

zidane88
03-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Any way with the successful management of a successful money that you can check out a lot of the profits with ease and rolling but always thought it was better to have

adnan10076
03-25-2012, 07:30 AM
By using automatically, Locks your profit so you don't have to adjust your stop loss ...It locks your Profit when price retrace....

enjoylife
03-27-2012, 05:45 PM
locking in profits is not about winning or being right. Locking in profits is about sound money management principles.

Also locking profits is about winning and making money and ending the trade with a positive result in form of profits.It also means exiting at the right levels.

adnan10076
03-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Locking profit may be dangerous sometimes.

yesterday when the EUR/USD suddenly start falling from the 1.325 level ,i put the TP in the first Support level of 1.3194 .But within a span of time that went up to the 1.312 level .

Some traders instead of closing a trade while they are in profit prefer to open reverse trade, though it may give them opporutnities to make profit ........

enjoylife
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Some traders instead of closing a trade while they are in profit prefer to open reverse trade, though it may give them opporutnities to make profit ........

Once a trade is running and the profits are not locked or booked and reverse trade is opened with more equity it is also possible that markets continue to go in direction of your first trade and then all the current profits are gone or minimized due to reverse trade .

zidane88
03-28-2012, 04:25 PM

I am one of the forex traders to close any deal do I verify a reasonable profit on Forex do not wait to reach the highest goals and only profit in the market is not simple at all, I hope,

merahputihfx
03-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Just like stop losses, locking profits can help a trader reduce the harsh losses of trading, especially during news release when you are holding a profitable position.
At such times your winning trade could turn losing, but if you have used lock profits, some locked profits would be saved.
How to lock profits?
If you open an order, say USD/JPY long @ 80.00, when the position moves 30 pips up, you can lock 20pips by moving your stop loss to 80.20 or depending on your lots sizes.

I never lock my open position, I'll just let the profit flow. If my trading system gives a signal to close position, I will cut loss or profit.

adnan10076
03-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Locking profits ensure you keep your already made profits. Though not all and at the same time, it prevents you from high losses

While there are numerous strategies available to a trader to manage their trade, the trailing stop can be an effective tool...

umar.ctn
03-29-2012, 01:52 PM
By apply locking this mean that portion of the investment is no longer exposed to risks. All profits are unrealized until the position is closed. It is used as stop loss.

puji
04-03-2012, 12:47 AM
locking is often used by traders profit when the desired target point has not been reached so as to keep the profit loss is obtained for longer then usually use profit locking locking the profit depends on the willingness of each trader.

imbest
04-03-2012, 02:48 AM
locking is often used by traders profit when the desired target point has not been reached so as to keep the profit loss is obtained for longer then usually use profit locking locking the profit depends on the willingness of each trader.

You have to be strong emotionally when it comes to lock the profit. I think if we can use trailing stop then it will be much safe because the profit will keep on locking as trend keep moving in desired direction.

umar.ctn
04-03-2012, 06:34 AM
When investing it is important to protect your capital and your profits, this can be done by locking in your profits.

janknoah
04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
When locking your profits, do it with prosper analysis, because without this, a potential profiting order might just close out

zidane88
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
When investing it is important to protect your capital and your profits, this can be done by locking in your profits.
When we want to invest in Forex you should have a proper way by which we achieve profits and without using a lot of ways to get the profits so as not to lose more

radex78
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
I never lock my open position, I'll just let the profit flow. If my trading system gives a signal to close position, I will cut loss or profit.

So, whether you trades without stop loss?sometime for me if already look floating profit in around 50 pips more i just lock few profit with put stop loss in profit,but often i am close order if get signal to exit

ombilli1984
04-04-2012, 02:55 AM
i am prefer close my profit and then open new order .by locking profit will make me confuse with my order

sarakhan
04-04-2012, 01:42 PM
I have heard that trailing stop is the best way to lock in profits..hope you will agree with me...

lougan
04-04-2012, 02:53 PM

well I think it is the key point of success. with money management i think stop loss should be added not just lock the profit.

kalex76
04-04-2012, 04:10 PM
well I think it is the key point of success. with money management i think stop loss should be added not just lock the profit.

With stop loss you can just have a control over the loss but for locking the profit ..you need to take profit ..put the TP level.Its just the opposite of stop loss.

zeb
04-04-2012, 04:59 PM
You need to keep your losses small and run your profits when you have them. If you do this, you can make huge gains overtime.

zidane88
04-04-2012, 11:42 PM
You need to keep your losses small and run your profits when you have them. If you do this, you can make huge gains overtime.

The dependence on the stop loss in every transaction is also a good way to keep the account is no doubt that whenever there was a cessation of the loss there was a sound money management

ilearn2t
04-05-2012, 12:07 AM
With stop loss you can just have a control over the loss but for locking the profit ..you need to take profit ..put the TP level.Its just the opposite of stop loss.

Hello kalex76

You can lock you profit by modifying your StopLoss to within a set minimum pip level of current market price.

Example: On the micro account its set at 10 pips, so if your order goes into a 11 pip profit you can modify your StopLoss to gaurantee a 1 pip profit (excluding slippage).

How to modify SL on an order:

Right click on the order, left click on "Modify or Delete Order" once the window opens you'll see a red "Copy as:" box click on it, and if the large bottom box turns blue click on it.

Best to setup a demo account and try this until you get the hang of it. You'll soon learn to move the StopLoss up or down to get better profits if it keeps going in your favor, personally I set my StopLoss at +5 pips and then set a TakeProfit level thereafter.

Good luck
ilearn2t

CCC000
04-05-2012, 02:04 AM
i believe it is risky because you may have 5 pips of profit and you expect 15 pips and then it drops out and as happened to me now with GBP/USD it drops so quick that i can't even imagine

Bobby
04-05-2012, 02:25 AM
i believe it is risky because you may have 5 pips of profit and you expect 15 pips and then it drops out and as happened to me now with GBP/USD it drops so quick that i can't even imagine

If we already lock our profit, when market change their movement it doesn't matter for us. We still got a profit even only for one pips. One pips still valuable for us than we got loss :)

sarakhan
04-05-2012, 04:52 AM
By locking in, that portion of the investment is no longer exposed to risks. All profits are unrealized until the position is closed. That why it is used for profit like stop loss.

You said that if we lock some portion then it will no longer be in risk then why some people afraid that locking is some times dangerous..????

kalex76
04-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Hello kalex76

You can lock you profit by modifying your StopLoss to within a set minimum pip level of current market price.

Example: On the micro account its set at 10 pips, so if your order goes into a 11 pip profit you can modify your StopLoss to gaurantee a 1 pip profit (excluding slippage).

How to modify SL on an order:

Right click on the order, left click on "Modify or Delete Order" once the window opens you'll see a red "Copy as:" box click on it, and if the large bottom box turns blue click on it.

Best to setup a demo account and try this until you get the hang of it. You'll soon learn to move the StopLoss up or down to get better profits if it keeps going in your favor, personally I set my StopLoss at +5 pips and then set a TakeProfit level thereafter.

Good luck
ilearn2t

yes,with modifying the stop loss we can lock profit when our trading orders are in profit zone but its hard to maintain that in standard trading accounts where the gap is 100 pips for putting stop loss.

cafedeart
04-05-2012, 11:08 AM
but its hard to maintain that in standard trading accounts where the gap is 100 pips for putting stop loss.
as far i know, in fxopen standard a/c, via mt4, one can adjust his hard stop after 10 pips of gap, and if he wants trailing stop then he can imply that after 15 pips of gap, no where is 100 pips of gap.
or i missed the meaning of ur text.
so could u be kind enough to elaborate what exactly u wanted to say by that line.
thanks brother.

enjoylife
04-05-2012, 02:34 PM

You need to trade according to your risk and reward ratio and then perform your trades with stop loss and take profits and never alter your stop losses. Yes you can use trailing stop loss to lock profits and look for more if you can get or have a chance.

umar.ctn
04-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Forex profit is an idea that has been sold around the internet to people , set a take profit; You can set your stop to be a trailing stop that will lock on profits....

locking profit is some other thing my bro, by locking a portion, its mean it will safe from risk...

seahawks90
04-05-2012, 10:16 PM
You need to trade according to your risk and reward ratio and then perform your trades with stop loss and take profits and never alter your stop losses. Yes you can use trailing stop loss to lock profits and look for more if you can get or have a chance.

stop loss and take profit is the biggest great thing a trader have because by putting both of them a trader can also take some rest. So its always good to use both of them.

radex78
04-06-2012, 01:06 AM
If we already lock our profit, when market change their movement it doesn't matter for us. We still got a profit even only for one pips. One pips still valuable for us than we got loss :)

Yes,it's more safe in trades if we get floating profit then changed stop loss in profit,and beside use manual stop loss,some tradewr using lock profit expert advisor or trailing stop,but both compouter and metatrader should turn on because it running in metatrader

umar.ctn
04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
You can set your stop to be a trailing stop that will lock on profits as the trade progresses. No matter which method you choose, this type of trading will take some patience.

kalex76
04-06-2012, 02:40 PM
You can set your stop to be a trailing stop that will lock on profits as the trade progresses. No matter which method you choose, this type of trading will take some patience.

yes, we have to set the level of profit taking and put that trailing stop or take profit ..which will help to lock our profit in the trading market and thus will help us to protect from unwanted loss.

sarakhan
04-06-2012, 03:16 PM
some people say that it is also a dangerous, if this stop risk then why these people say it dangerous...???

umar.ctn
04-07-2012, 03:39 AM

puji
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM

uses locking profit is actually useful to protect the gains that have been obtained in order not to be a loss because it is better if you make a deal and get a profit to keep no longer uses locking profit loss should be used.

kalex76
04-07-2012, 04:42 PM
uses locking profit is actually useful to protect the gains that have been obtained in order not to be a loss because it is better if you make a deal and get a profit to keep no longer uses locking profit loss should be used.

In the high trend market ,we can just lock profit by closing some trading orders ..always we have to take that profit and trade safely.

qlinks
04-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Locking in profits is a very effective strategy to succeed. Locking in profits protect profits already made from being lost from sudden reversal. Locking profits can be implemented by adjusting stop loss manually or using trailing stop.

sarakhan
04-08-2012, 03:19 AM
locking profit can also be done by trailing stop method. by locking a portion, this mean that will no longer expose to risk.

kalex76
04-08-2012, 02:54 PM
locking profit can also be done by trailing stop method. by locking a portion, this mean that will no longer expose to risk.

we can thus get some good profit portion by locking profit ..it decreases the amount of loss or risk during trading ..we shouldn't skip the opportunity .

imbest
04-08-2012, 02:57 PM
we can thus get some good profit portion by locking profit ..it decreases the amount of loss or risk during trading ..we shouldn't skip the opportunity .

If you can stay in front of computer for good time, then you can keep locking profits when your order moves in positive direction. Or you can using the trailing stop to lock the profit.

LeeMinHo
04-08-2012, 05:01 PM
If your positons are in profit , i suggest you should put stop loss equal entry for saving . You will be able to earn more profit if get luck .

berich
04-08-2012, 09:46 PM
You should lock in profits when your target has been hit to prevent you from losing what you already gained.

adnan10076
04-09-2012, 03:07 AM
locking of profit is a way to ensure you are not risk your money when the trend change against you. if the price spike, cut your SL and go back up, just re enter the trade and continue to win.

losing money from a winning trade is the worst trade management.

As locking profit is a very good strategy.By locking profit its mean that that specific portion is not expose to risk...But still some of people say it is dangerous...I don't know why they say like this...???

onlyforsoldi
04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
locking the profits is not useful for the trader and it is better to close the profitable positions if we know that the news will come against us

radex78
04-13-2012, 02:33 PM
If our order already in profit or get floating profit more than 10 pips, i think we can changed stop loss in profit,but if just only get floating less than 10 pips, i think we can't changed stop loss in profit because usually broker have rules order can modify at least get floating more than 10 pips

adnan10076
04-14-2012, 05:17 AM
whats the difference between using stop loss or locking profit...which one can give us high benefits...??? reply with quote plzzz

seahawks90
04-14-2012, 10:25 AM
locking the profits is not useful for the trader and it is better to close the profitable positions if we know that the news will come against us

actually a trader can;t lock his profit but instead of this you can say that a trader can put Stop Loss or Take Profit but locking profit is not the right word in this field because in this field no one is sure that he will surely make profit.

ilearn2t
04-14-2012, 10:59 AM
actually a trader can;t lock his profit but instead of this you can say that a trader can put Stop Loss or Take Profit but locking profit is not the right word in this field because in this field no one is sure that he will surely make profit.

Hello seahawks90

Definition of Lock In Profits :

Once a trader places a lock on their order (StopLoss) in profit they no longer expose the order to risks of failure, I call this a winning StopLoss, they can then place a TrailingStop to hopefully increase their profits, locking in each extra pip once the order passes the TrailingStop set point, if the trend keeps going in their favor. Simply placing a TrailingStop without the StopLoss lock will start the lock at 0 pips and risk a no profit closed order or a loss if -swap or and slippage occurs.

My form of trading involves locking profits so I set my EA to place a 15 pip TrailingStop only after the order is 30 pips in profit, locking a gauranteed 15+ pips, manually I allow the order to go 15 pips into profit before locking a 5+ gauranteed profit.

Hope this helps.

Good luck
ilearn2t

adnan10076
04-14-2012, 11:56 AM
how we can locking profit, without the use of trailing stop....please reply with quote...thanx

ilearn2t
04-14-2012, 03:34 PM
how we can locking profit, without the use of trailing stop....please reply with quote...thanx

Hello adnan10076

Simply use your StopLoss, as explained by my earlier post today.

If your broker allows a 0 StopLoss you can set a 1 pip locked profit once your order goes 2 pips into profit.

Good luck
ilearn2t

adnan10076
04-15-2012, 05:15 AM
yeah it is also used to reduce losses but i will prefer to use stop loss in trading... what about you guys..?

zeb
04-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Sometimes a stop loss may be appropriate but it's important to be aggressive when you're taking profits.

onlyforsoldi
04-15-2012, 10:43 AM
i use the stop loss and the take profits in every trade , and i believe that the stop loss and the take profits are the only tools that make the trader survive in this world and can limit the losses that may happen

zidane88
04-15-2012, 04:11 PM
yeah it is also used to reduce losses but i will prefer to use stop loss in trading... what about you guys..?

Should have been from the beginning that depends on the stop loss for all transactions in which you open and this thing called you to be with you a convenient way to maintain profits

adnan10076
04-16-2012, 04:10 AM
trailing stop loss is a good method to lock your profits and that portion of your money will no longer exposed to risk easily...

seahawks90
04-16-2012, 07:03 AM
i use the stop loss and the take profits in every trade , and i believe that the stop loss and the take profits are the only tools that make the trader survive in this world and can limit the losses that may happen

i agree with you that stop loss always makes a trader to avoid the huge losses and this is the best method to survive in this field.

zeb
04-16-2012, 04:15 PM

enjoylife
04-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Sometimes a stop loss may be appropriate but it's important to be aggressive when you're taking profits.

Aggression up to a certain extent is good for any trader but if it is more than the specified limits it can lead to huge losses for a trader and so profits should be booked at levels as analysed by you .

puji
04-17-2012, 01:05 AM

agree with his opinion that the use of locking can be profitable trader's profit is due to funds being transacted and is already generating profit loss can be secured so as not to go back to using locking profit.

adnan10076
04-17-2012, 04:30 AM
locking profits is good but some people say that it is dangerous system....what you say guys../

tunefx
04-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Locking within profits typically is not regarding winning or being right. Locking within income is actually regarding sound MM ideals.

seahawks90
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
@adnan as the definition said by the moderator that locking profit means putting stop loss so i must say that its not a risky thing at all.

seahawks90
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
locking profits is good but some people say that it is dangerous system....what you say guys../

locking profit simply means putting stop loss so i must say that putting stop loss is not a risky process at all.

onlyforsoldi
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
locking profit simply means putting stop loss so i must say that putting stop loss is not a risky process at all.
of course the stop loss is not risky process but it protects the trader from larger losses and it limits the losses

tinny01
04-18-2012, 05:39 AM
A bit of traders rather of closing a trade whilst they are with regard to income choose to open reverse trade. Actually it will offer them chances to be able to create profit.

seahawks90
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
of course the stop loss is not risky process but it protects the trader from larger losses and it limits the losses

i agree with you and i must say that most of the traders always avoid this thing which always leads them to face some huge losses so putting stop loss or locking profit always help them to avoid the huge losses.

toptrader43
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
With locking in, which part of the financial investment is not a lengthier exposed to risks. Every one of the income tend to be unrealized till the position is closed.

onlyforsoldi
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM
i agree with you and i must say that most of the traders always avoid this thing which always leads them to face some huge losses so putting stop loss or locking profit always help them to avoid the huge losses.
yes if the trader use the stop loss he will limit the losses that may happen and without the stop loss the trader may face the margin call

radex78
04-18-2012, 02:58 PM

Yes,locking profit will make safe profit despite just small number,we can use trailing stop or changed stop loss manually,but we must get floating profit more han 10 pips to changed stop loss in profit,

sarakhan
04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
is locking profit also become dangerous some times..if yes then how..??

adnan10076
04-19-2012, 04:08 AM
locking profit is very good strategy, it is used to overcome losses and risk in your trading..it is done by trailing stop method..

seahawks90
04-19-2012, 09:02 AM
locking profit is very good strategy, it is used to overcome losses and risk in your trading..it is done by trailing stop method..

i agree with you that using locking profit strategy is always necessary for every trader so that he can trade with less risk and more confidence.

berich
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
@adnan as the definition said by the moderator that locking profit means putting stop loss so i must say that its not a risky thing at all.

No I wouldn't say it is a risky thing rather it is only a way of protecting our profits and avoiding loss.

zeb
04-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Locking in profits is one of the most difficult and most integral parts to trading options successfully. However if you follow the developed techniques to lock in profits then you will be succeed.

radex78
04-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Yes you right,put stop loss or use robot lock profit will help trader to minimize loses,and i think use stop loss is one way to crreated plan risk management,use robot lock profit is good for us to protect profit that already in fornt of eye

seahawks90
04-20-2012, 05:01 AM
No I wouldn't say it is a risky thing rather it is only a way of protecting our profits and avoiding loss.

if it is a risky thing then i must say that from now traders must have to leave putting stop loss in their trades but i am sorry because most of the traders always put stop loss in their trades and they will not stop putting SL because they don't want to face some huge losses. And the traders who thinks that the price will again move up and so that's why they don't put the SL will face some huge losses most of the times.

Kick4x
04-20-2012, 07:58 AM
How to lock profits?

Locking profits is good when it comes to scalper or intraday trader but when it comes to swing trader i must say you have to let the profits run and cut the losses fast .

i use to lock my profits but it didn't help me that much cause i am long term trader based on daily chart.
when i do scalping it is really good to lock the profits and avoid the greed issues.

berich
04-20-2012, 02:34 PM
I agree with you @Kick4x that for swing traders it is always advisable for them to allow their profits to run rather than locking their profits because they will always have opportunities as long term traders.

radex78
04-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Locking profits is good when it comes to scalper or intraday trader but when it comes to swing trader i must say you have to let the profits run and cut the losses fast .

i use to lock my profits but it didn't help me that much cause i am long term trader based on daily chart.
when i do scalping it is really good to lock the profits and avoid the greed issues.

Yes i think if we trade with long term trading,lock profit with not help much because often will hit by price,and i think long term trading can changed stop loss in profit if already in floating profot more than 50-100 pips,just opinion

adnan10076
04-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Some people say that locking profit also become dangerous some times...? it is true if yes, then how and when..????

yeuforex
04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Some people say that locking profit also become dangerous some times...? it is true if yes, then how and when..????
I don't think that is to be dangerous, man ! When do you want to lock your profit? and why do you do that? You do because you don't want to become from winner to loser when the market is very volatillity ! :D

toptrader43
04-23-2012, 05:03 AM
A few minutes if my order become flying income I am changed my SL in profit neighborhood. So if price could very well hit SL i have always been still get income in reality i ever become EA lock income.

lougan
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM

I'm still a beginner and could not make their own trading system, I imitate the trading system that created the master, and develop a system in accordance with the character of my trading

toptrader43
04-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Fx income is an tip which was sold around the internet to the people poised a take profit. You can easily set your stop to be a trailing minimize which will lock in income.

hotshotboyz
05-02-2012, 12:18 AM
by locking profit I can got more rebates (from rebates account) than close position directly because when I directly close position in rebates account I just only once times rebates but using locking profit I got twice rebates

JogjaCantik
05-04-2012, 08:50 AM

i think locking profit not dangerous when we know when must decided to out from the market depent our rule.

radex78
05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't think that is to be dangerous, man ! When do you want to lock your profit? and why do you do that? You do because you don't want to become from winner to loser when the market is very volatillity ! :D

Ues,it's main reason why trader make lock profit,they think with better get litle profit than big loss,and to changed order in lock profit,our order should get ppositive floating to eligible chanded stop loss in profit,or we can use EA lock profit,it's also can help us to make lock profit automatically

toptrader43
05-06-2012, 05:45 AM
Locking income can assist a trader lower the harsh losses of trading. Significantly during information release if you find yourself holding a successful state.

sofeenevu
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
still i don't use this lock profit system all the time. but when it seems to that market can go against me, then i set my TP to get my profit before it turns to be lose order.

Resolve
11-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Locking income can assist a trader lower the harsh losses of trading. Significantly during information release if you find yourself holding a successful state.

If in our trading profits are being locked then we can be sure that despite the markets going into a negative movements, our profits will be there and we will not get any losses in our trading, which is the major concern for every Forex trader.

Dangerous
12-25-2018, 02:17 PM
follow the discussion thread up...

Resolve
03-02-2020, 01:46 PM
This topic is up for discussion...