PDA

View Full Version : Execution of pip protect trades is terrible on fxopen servers!

d4amenace
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Hello,
I am running an ea that automatically opens trades. After a certain number of trades against the direction it is set up to protect on the last trade so that when the protected last trade hits a positive 5 pips it closes all trades open for overall gain and to restart group trades again. Works fine on demo, but the execution on fxopen live is horrible, even on the new 3rd server. It's so bad that it is closing after 1 or 2 positive pips, losing me 3 pips overall and making my pip protect trades net negative! Be wary of fxopen's slow servers! I am learning an expensive lesson

Update

This slippage is occuring at non-news times and has occurred during 3 sets of trades over the past few hours. Did not start occuring until my trading started becoming profitable overall.....interesting.

ilearn2t
04-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Hello,
I am running an ea that automatically opens trades. After a certain number of trades against the direction it is set up to protect on the last trade so that when the protected last trade hits a positive 5 pips it closes all trades open for overall gain and to restart group trades again. Works fine on demo, but the execution on fxopen live is horrible, even on the new 3rd server. It's so bad that it is closing after 1 or 2 positive pips, losing me 3 pips overall and making my pip protect trades net negative! Be wary of fxopen's slow servers! I am learning an expensive lesson

Update

This slippage is occuring at non-news times and has occurred during 3 sets of trades over the past few hours. Did not start occuring until my trading started becoming profitable overall.....interesting.

Hello d4amenace

Best not to use this EA until you get someone to have a look at it and hopefully fix the problem, if it works on the "demo" then something might be coded wrong in the EA or just the"Value" set wrong in the "Variable" at startup.

If you purchased this EA from a genuine programmer, send an email back to them about your problem. If you got it from a third party "bin it" but if you programmed the EA yourself, upload it here and someone will attempt of fix it. ;)

FXOjafar
04-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi d4amenace

Have you tried the EA on ECN?

CCC000
06-14-2010, 07:11 AM
yes when i read your thread it seems that you have problem only with live account
as ilearnit tell you the broplem with the EA not from fxopen servers because it works fine on demo and demo accounts have more pursuer more then live accounts i guess bye bye