PDA

View Full Version : How many lots can be opened using 1:500 Leverage

afm411
04-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Hi Guys,
Just need someone to help me:

Trading Micro Account with leverage 1:500. I deposited USD 1000, and like to us hedging strategy. I opened 220 Lots and my current balance at that time is still USD 600 after deducting loss. Then I want to open another 240 lot but it said not enough money. Can someone kind enough show me how to calculated lot allowed at certain amount of balance.
I like to trad EUR/JPY and GBP/USD

Thanks and appreciate your help very much

nonamer
04-06-2010, 05:48 AM
Hi Guys,
Just need someone to help me:

Trading Micro Account with leverage 1:500. I deposited USD 1000, and like to us hedging strategy. I opened 220 Lots and my current balance at that time is still USD 600 after deducting loss. Then I want to open another 240 lot but it said not enough money. Can someone kind enough show me how to calculated lot allowed at certain amount of balance.
I like to trad EUR/JPY and GBP/USD

Thanks and appreciate your help very much

Hi,

Check its here --> http://forum.fxopen.com/showthread.php?t=65603

If you hedge on the same pair and the same size lot, margin will used the same, that mean if you used margin are 300usd for buy that mean open sell position on the same pair and same size lot will used the same margin ( no added margin needed) but you need to make sure the free margin are enough to cover the spread. I mean here when you open gbp/usd that mean you will need to cover -3 spread because of the spread between sell and buy price. So if 220lot on micro account that mean 22usd/1pip so you need to have free margin at least 70usd or more because the spread are -66usd (22usdx 3pips spread) or 3pip when you open hedge.

Thanks