PDA

View Full Version : Metatrader 5 beta testing started.

FXOpen Alex
10-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Yesterday the Metaquotes company started public beta testing of their new trading terminal version Metatrader 5.
You can free download it using the link: MetaTrader 5 download (http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt5setup.exe)

Beta testing will continue 5-6 month. Feel free to write here in the thread your comments about new terminal.

Totom
10-13-2009, 01:36 PM
what did you see in this chart? it is fun but maybe we need more concentrate when trading.
https://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5494/12699448.jpg

and i do not understand why this navigator have two tabs, as they looks same for me?
https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8012/43475419.jpg
https://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5787/46007958.jpg

actually this is not a big problem, but it confusing me when i open metaeditor for first time :D
good thing the chart have very clear view :)

Totom
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
and we need to convert MT5 Expert Advisor into MT4 first before use in demo or live account with MT5 because there are no strategy tester yet in MT5.

https://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2223/43752597.jpg

need more skills to write in MT5 at least more stamina to get it right.

Totom
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
i like its statement style, there is new columns "State" and "Comment". My order status is showing on State column and my order comment is showing on Comment Tabs. There is Order and Deals section too:

https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2100/60210460.jpg

Norlac
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM
The new proposed mt5 trading terminal would bring about a new innovation in forex trading but untill it's fully accredited for used in trading i would continue testing it for now.

Rex Loner
10-23-2009, 03:25 AM
can I do some hedge with MT5? I read there is no way I can't do some hedge.. is that true?

Totom
10-23-2009, 04:35 AM
can I do some hedge with MT5? I read there is no way I can't do some hedge.. is that true? hedge is not allowed at MT5

samehelhakim
10-23-2009, 05:03 PM
is it best than meta trader 4 or just more language and another features

Totom
10-23-2009, 05:37 PM
is it best than meta trader 4 or just more language and another features

the developers said MT5 5 times faster than MT4 and have more features and support for new NFA rules

lucky luke
10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
i will testing it and try to post its result here :)

DreamJOBZ
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Dear All, G'day

When MT5 is available for Live Trading? Order execution is smooth in MT5. And is there any MQL programmer for MT5? Can anyone guide me?

Be Awesome,
DreamJOBZ

FXOjafar
11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Dear All, G'day

When MT5 is available for Live Trading? Order execution is smooth in MT5. And is there any MQL programmer for MT5? Can anyone guide me?

Be Awesome,
DreamJOBZ

MT5 is still in beta. Have you tried an FXOpen ECN/STP account? Now that is smooth execution. Less than 0.1 seconds if my market order clicks are anything to go by. It's almost as if the order was triggered before you click! :)

fsagarnaga
11-12-2009, 10:46 PM
does anyone know if mt4 EAs will work in mt5?

FXOjafar
11-13-2009, 07:57 AM

I think because of the changes to the MQL language in MT5, most EAs will need to be adjusted to fit in with the new structure.

victoriatrades
01-04-2010, 03:33 PM

MT4 EAs will most defintely not work in MT5. They did not make it backwards compatible. It's a brand new language that fits in with the new NFA regulations.

hytre
01-24-2010, 07:47 AM
I think because of the changes to the MQL language in MT5, most EAs will need to be adjusted to fit in with the new structure.

That's very bad, not only EAs but all the indicators written for mt4 will be useless in mt5. :iran-flag:

MrBhutto
04-20-2010, 10:32 AM
its super

Paul-trader
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
MT4 EAs will most defintely not work in MT5. They did not make it backwards compatible. It's a brand new language that fits in with the new NFA regulations.

Its very sad!
So, now we should buy all EA's once again or developer may be will update them?

Just curious:sm42:

CCC000
06-13-2010, 06:42 AM
okie when the new MT5 come does it will change how to make orders and other ???
please answer my and fxopen until now is working in MT4 correct and i am sure they will update for MT5 ???

Youdot Uren
08-07-2010, 07:18 AM
okie when the new MT5 come does it will change how to make orders and other ???
please answer my and fxopen until now is working in MT4 correct and i am sure they will update for MT5 ???

I'm pretty sure you will still be able to choose which platform do you like more and use it :)

For example there are many brokers that allows you to choose which platform do you like more- Trade Station or MT4 :)

Thank you for your time,
Albinas

Interesting
09-17-2010, 10:15 AM
That's very bad, not only EAs but all the indicators written for mt4 will be useless in mt5. :iran-flag:

Most of the indicators can be transferred to MQL5. With an experts will be difficult. The new terminal is does not allow you to open multiple positions and this could greatly complicate the migration for some strategies.

FXOjafar
09-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Most of the indicators can be transferred to MQL5. With an experts will be difficult. The new terminal is does not allow you to open multiple positions and this could greatly complicate the migration for some strategies.

Metaquotes needs to think seriously about uncrippling MT5 and allowing us to hedge positions or it will not be a popular trading terminal. As it stands, it is really only suitable for the few US based brokers left under the NFA regime.

Interesting
09-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Metaquotes needs to think seriously about uncrippling MT5 and allowing us to hedge positions or it will not be a popular trading terminal. As it stands, it is really only suitable for the few US based brokers left under the NFA regime.

MT4 will be maintained for at least another two years.
Personally, I am sure that many will use it for a long time.

PS
The new platform provides much more flexibility to create mechanical trading systems. Ultimately, all these advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

FXOjafar
09-17-2010, 07:54 PM
MT4 will be maintained for at least another two years.
Personally, I am sure that many will use it for a long time.

PS
The new platform provides much more flexibility to create mechanical trading systems. Ultimately, all these advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Metaquotes will need to make a non crippled version though. The majority of the world's brokers are not bound by NFA rules. ;)

Interesting
09-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Metaquotes will need to make a non crippled version though. The majority of the world's brokers are not bound by NFA rules. ;)

The rules of the NFA, and only in them is the problem?

CCC000
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
yeah hedging yes to MT4 let MT5 burn in hell i test it in it is not worthit

currencytrading
10-25-2010, 05:38 AM
There is no off line charts in the MT5. Are they gone for good?If yes, many people will be really unhappy unless there is a new way of making custom charts, like constant range bars.

Douglas50
11-04-2010, 11:38 AM
It is great news for me that Meta trader 5 beta testing is started, i am very glad to hear this news from this forum.

fxsignaler
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
i'm developer, i find out some problems in mql4 when i compare with c++ i hope in the mql5 it's be solved ;)

EmilioFX
12-19-2010, 07:38 PM
MT 5 dont allow hedging. I hope MetaQuotes will add hedging functionality. Otherwise i will stick with Mt4.

fxfarex
01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
what,s difference between mt4 & mt5

TailorS
01-24-2011, 06:10 AM
MT5 is new and has all king of new thing.

But it is pretty new and has a lot of bugs.

02-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I am desperately waiting for all new MT5 final version :)

FXOjafar
02-03-2011, 01:41 AM
I am desperately waiting for all new MT5 final version :)

Any reason why MT4 is not good for you?

4EverMaAT
06-17-2011, 05:58 AM

In all fairness, the non-hedging thing did not start with NFA. all exchange-traded products use net positions to offset the exact same contract type for a single account. If you wanted to hedge, you would simply open a separate account and put your hedging positions. In some cases you could hedge in the same account, IF you designated the need to do so (like physical delivery of commodity). For speculative accounts, it is usually not needed. Then you could switch your "account overview" settings to an aggregate view of all or specific accounts and you can easily acheive the same effect.

MT5 was built that way to make it compatible with forex as well as futures, stocks, and other financial products. It was done to bring the software in line with industry standards. The hedging in a single account thing is more of a convenience to the client; mainly if you traded multiple strategies you could keep track of each one in 1 terminal with several charts. Taking away the hedging simply means you would have to put each strategy or the hedging part of the strategy in a separate account. It should not affect your NET trading balance, with 2 exceptions: you would save money on not having to pay two commissions AND two spreads on the portion of the hedge that overlaps. Actually 3: the double-swap, especially if both long/short swap is negative. Plus it takes much longer to offset hundreds of open positions in MT4 whereas mt5 you send 1 order to offset your net position per currency pair.

Also, a broker (ECN or Market Maker) would WANT their client to hedge their own positions. Why? Because with each hedge of the same currency pair (or same contract or whatever the product is), the broker's risk is reduced or eliminated in a full hedge. That's in addition to the 2x commission and 2x swap. some brokers will even "waive" the margin requirement on a same account hedge. Why do you think they would do that if it was not in their favor?

In the broker backoffice, they keep track of net positions (net commisions, net swap, etc)....because that is all that matters.

I dont knock hedging if that is your trading style. However, MT5 will not be an immediate replacement. Metaquotes has indicated that they will continue to support MT4 until broker no longer uses it. Like it was mentioned previously, MT5 runs along side MT4. From my point of view, MT5 will be a welcome edition to any serious trader and/or brokerage.

Runata
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
My optimization stack, after working 2 days

TailorS
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Is there any specific date when all brokers will start switching to a new platform?

FXSupporter
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
I do not think it's even possible to set a date for ALL brokers to upgrade to MT5. Each broker is an independent entity, and it's up to the broker to decide to start using MT5, or another trading platform or maybe develop a trading platform or its own ;-). Right now/ as far as i know, most traders are still accustomed to using MT4, so most brokers still continue using MT4, too.

widhie75
02-07-2012, 01:02 AM
In most cases, Metatrader 4 is better than MT5.

MT5 consumed more memory resource than MT4,,, in my situation, I trade in many broker and open up to 12 metatrader (incl. contests account)... and offcourse when I switch between MT4, my PC become sluggish,,,, but when i close MT5, my PC & all Mt4 run smooth.

But the advantage of MT5 (which is my favorite) is I can choose many TimeFrame to view best market condition.

joyooi
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
any one have install the Meta trader 5? can you give some suggestion about this new Meta Trader? are there will be slow down my system when i open it?

widhie75
02-11-2012, 03:11 AM
any one have install the Meta trader 5? can you give some suggestion about this new Meta Trader? are there will be slow down my system when i open it?

It won't make your PC slowdown if your PC installed with Windows XP, and running in Pentium 4, RAM at least 2GB.
Make sure background running application only AntiVirus and (or) Firewall.

But it would be nightmare if you open many window charts and run other software and your internet connection is slow (becuase some MT5 are 5 digit).
In my experience, it become very slow when switching between software, and will reducing time to make OP.