PDA

View Full Version : standard vs micro

THE DUDE
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I saw very little differences between these two types of accounts. I'm looking to start with a $500-$1000 nut. Which account type would be best for me? I would like to use as much leverage as possible.

ilearn2t
09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I saw very little differences between these two types of accounts. I'm looking to start with a $500-$1000 nut. Which account type would be best for me? I would like to use as much leverage as possible.

Hello THE DUDE

Try both. Leverage range between 1:1 to 500:1 ;)

lizerzoltan
09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
if you want to use the 1:500 leverage and generally conservative enough, standard might do with 1000$ as you might earn the bonuses too, some help.
otherwise i prefer micro with this amount, for the better position management options with sizes...
without discclosing much from your trading syle it isnteasy to advice though :)

getpaid2trade.com
09-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Micro, especially with high leverage as $1000 can turn into $0 even trading the minimum 0.1 standard lots if you make a few bad trades.

kasonud
09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
All depend on ur trading system,if you were confortable with ur system during ur demo,then go for standard with a low leverage..if not micro with medium leverage may be good for u,but first access ur ability Gud luck

lizerzoltan
09-20-2009, 03:02 PM
sorry but wrong.
with 500-1000$ you cant really have the luxury to use low leverage on a standard account...or you have little room before eating into your margin, as well little room to choose any but the smallest position sizes.

Totom
09-20-2009, 03:31 PM
it will be a great deal with $500 ~ $1000 in micro account. why? because we can take a breath after open a position while the price moving around sl and tp before its hit one of it. i mean we will not losing to much when it hits sl even we will not get much profit to when it hits tp.

biztowns
09-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I think you could do well with standard account but you need to learn how to trade with hedging which is accepted here in this platform. I once asked traders opinion just as you have did now but that is in ****** forum and all the answers were just what everyone here is telling you now, but someone suggested to me to learn how to hedge and i did with the little i started with ($350) today i am progressing and trading with confident. Honestly i never trade micro neither mini but straight to standard though that is if you actually know what you are doing and learn not to be greed at all the time. Best of luck in your trading.

getpaid2trade.com
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Anything less than $2000 or so in a Standard account is gambling pure and simple. This does not mean you can't make money, there are skilled gamblers out there, but you wouldn't be trading in my opinion.

lizerzoltan
09-21-2009, 01:53 AM
Anything less than $2000 or so in a Standard account is gambling pure and simple. This does not mean you can't make money, there are skilled gamblers out there, but you wouldn't be trading in my opinion.

hi
thx, the exact words i wanted to say, but did afraid a bit to mntion gambling. standard with a few 100s of dollars has little room for money management, or a losing streak, even if you have stop loss oders placed pretty tight.
micro might not sould that good, but gives one all the flexibility needed, and there is always a chance to open a standard when the money is together for.

kasonud
09-21-2009, 05:44 AM
lizerzoltan i do not it is a good ideal to quote people wrong in the forum, u can only say ur view and allow the follow to decide,this is because some people start standard account with as low as 100 and their are doing well today and this does not mean that every body should do the same,the must important thing like i have rightly said is that u as a trader should access ur self before trading...peace...

lizerzoltan
09-21-2009, 07:33 AM
to cut it short:
should you have a problem with my forum manner, like quoteing, pls feel free to use the report button.
about the rest we dont have to agree.
may ppl 'do well' with a 100$ standard account, but i dont think that is the majority.

getpaid2trade.com
09-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Lizerzoltan did nothing improper, nor did he insult anyone, all he did was state his opinion.

There is a difference between trading and gambling, for example;

1 to 4% risk per trade with a disciplined strategy = Trading

Even a higher risk to reward ratio with the proper money management and winning percentage is still trading.

Opening an account with $100 USD, using 500:1 leverage, and risking 10% or higher per trade even with very tight stops, because in this instance you have no choice, is gambling.

That being said there are some very successful gamblers in the world.

liebesweet
09-24-2009, 12:56 AM
I use micro for test the market and standart for better signal... I should make myself patience with micro open trade. :sm22:

Totom
09-24-2009, 01:16 AM
yes, you right. there is no reason to hurried. remember, without patient when trading, market will not patient too to not blow us out....:sm32:

lizerzoltan
09-24-2009, 09:27 AM
although as i see being overpatient and overplanning leads to little or no trades ;)

have to find some balance between the 2.
i like that open things up on micro first idea actually....