PDA

View Full Version : Risk in Forex Trading

forexway
06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Hi Friends! How does one contrl risk in forex trading? What are low risk situations.?

How does one calculate risk in any trade. Please do provide a helpful answer. Thank you.

Gaminig

FXOjafar
06-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Money management is the way to control risk. Ask yourself, how fast do you want to win? How fast do you want to lose?

My rule is to use 0.5 to 1.0 lots per $10,000 depending on whether I'm making a high or low risk trade. This gives me 1000+ pips worth of loss before I'm wiped out.

In other words, if you are trading with less than $1000 and 0.1 lots, you are in the higher risk category so you better be a good trader. ;)

The other factor is emotions and greed. Don't be nervous with your trading. If you enter a trade based on a technical condition in your charts, enter it coldly and mechanically. Don't try to go for too many pips(unless you are experienced and are swing or position trading) or use too high margin. That is greed.

manwh25
07-06-2007, 08:17 AM
When I am trading,I am always worried about the risk of my account...
- -~
So much tired.

manwh25
07-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Money management is the way to control risk. Ask yourself, how fast do you want to win? How fast do you want to lose?

My rule is to use 0.5 to 1.0 lots per $10,000 depending on whether I'm making a high or low risk trade. This gives me 1000+ pips worth of loss before I'm wiped out.

In other words, if you are trading with less than $1000 and 0.1 lots, you are in the higher risk category so you better be a good trader. ;)

The other factor is emotions and greed. Don't be nervous with your trading. If you enter a trade based on a technical condition in your charts, enter it coldly and mechanically. Don't try to go for too many pips(unless you are experienced and are swing or position trading) or use too high margin. That is greed.

yeah ,nice suggestion.
Money management is important for us.

acidguy
08-06-2007, 07:19 AM
of course is true important. i have even got nightmares about losing my account in the time i have been in forex. those are really true nightmares.

but anyway thats true, a really good management strategy could save us some money of pills for being relaxed even in stormy times.

so i am taking this too seriously, thx rebatefx even when you slapped in my face i couldnt get another microaccount with bonus.

just kidding.... baby

activetc
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
my advice is to use 0.2 Lots on a $10,000 at the beginning you need to learn to make profitable trades before making a fortune, I have seen people making 700% per annum using 20k or 0.2 lots per $10,000 traded.