New York 12:48 PM London 5:48 PM Tokyo 1:48 AM Sydney 2:48 AM
                  Online: 1608    Threads: 56,757    Posts: 1,760,346 Members: 7,271  FXO Forum Shares: We Buy $1.2532 | We Sell $1.292

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

Sorry, for bothering you. But, I would like to hear your opinion or what do you think.
    There is a value which has to be entered inside OCO_Visual - TP and LS. Do you think its value should be entered in pips or prices?
    Share on VK Share on Facebook Share on Odnoklassniki Share on MySpace Share on Twitter Share on LiveJournal Share on Google+ Share on Ya.ru Share on Mail.Ru

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex198555 View Post
    Sorry, for bothering you. But, I would like to hear your opinion or what do you think.
    There is a value which has to be entered inside OCO_Visual - TP and LS. Do you think its value should be entered in pips or prices?
    Hello alex198555

The EA attached is far from complete but it will give you something to play around with, on the demo board or if you prefer open a new platform cencel the signup and use the backtests without server connection.

Please read the text message in the zip folder before setting the exe file.

Attachment removed by ilearn2t (no longer needed)
    Last edited by ilearn2t; 03-24-2010 at 04:36 AM.
    Share on VK Share on Facebook Share on Odnoklassniki Share on MySpace Share on Twitter Share on LiveJournal Share on Google+ Share on Ya.ru Share on Mail.Ru

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

Thanks for the assistance.

Can you explain the code, please?

OP_BUY - Buy_Pending - 0
    OP_SELL - Sell_Pending - 1

OP_BUYLIMIT - Buy_Pending - 2
    OP_SELLSTOP - Sell_Pending - 5

OP_BUYSTOP - Buy_Pending - 3
    OP_SELLLIMIT - Sell_Pending - 4
    What are those numbers (0,1,2,3,4,5)?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Thanks for the assistance.

Can you explain the code, please?

What are those numbers (0,1,2,3,4,5)?
    Hello alex198555

I've just tested the EA on AUDUSD (see image "comment") that will also answer a request you asked in an earlier post about "comment" on platform.

Image "code" show my buy setting as 0.9170 & sell 0.9162 to get the order(s) to open at that price I set (image "c1") Buy_Pending at "0" the platform system recognises this as a buy order and the Sell_Pending at "1" same reason.

Because both orders at not pending orders once file was placed I moved the setting closer to trigger point.

The price while setting the orders was 0.9165

Update: Must sign off now, speak later.
    Last edited by ilearn2t; 03-23-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Updating

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

The, I shouldn't change the "0" and "1" numbers, right? Otherwise, there will be a mistake!

Listen, I still didn't get how you write comment for each trade?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

The, I shouldn't change the "0" and "1" numbers, right? Otherwise, there will be a mistake!

Listen, I still didn't get how you write comment for each trade?
    Hello alex198555

It depends on what kind of orders you want to set.

But the EA is only to get you use to setting different price ranges.

To go back to the first request.

I believe we need 2 EA's one that places buystops & sellstops and the other that places buylimits & selllimits but still retain the right to choose your own price and delete as OCO.

The "comment" is mostly used by traders with different EA's on multiple charts to identify each EA, but if you look at the image below you can write what you want if the string comment is added to your inputs box (to follow in next upgrade)

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

The another question. I think it's better to modify an OCO script a little bit. Create an column where a trader can write some comments like entries. Once, the OCO script will be executed., a trader can see those comment in MT4. Is it possible?

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

The another question. I think it's better to modify an OCO script a little bit. Create an column where a trader can write some comments like entries. Once, the OCO script will be executed., a trader can see those comment in MT4. Is it possible?
    Hello alex198555

Don't think thats possible after trade is executed, you can type in the comment box manually and see it on your order.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

Then, if I create them manually like two pending orders for buy and sell. Later on, one of them will not be canceled. That is the problem

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Then, if I create them manually like two pending orders for buy and sell. Later on, one of them will not be canceled. That is the problem
    Hello alex198555

Yes, until we program the 2 EA's you will have to delete manually. And even after that you'll have to keep your platform connected while trades are pending or the EA(s) won't work.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Hello alex198555

This upgrade is still only in demo testing format, no delete added.

I have removed the unwanted stuff from inputs to make it easier to use.

No need for 2 EA's, if you want to place Buystop & Sellstop orders at your own price chance the Value's in the buy/sell boxes. If you want to place Buylimit & Selllimit change the true Value in the StopOrder box to false and change the false Value in the LimitOrder box to true. Simply double click on the true type in the StopOrder box and change the settings from the drawdown box same for LimitOrder. Remember to place the decimal point in the right place when changing price values.

Eg:
    USDJPY 91.83 = 91 (decimal point) 83
    GBPUSD 1.4984 = 1 (decimal point) 4984

Back later with next upgrade.

ilearn2t removed attachment no longer required.
    Last edited by ilearn2t; 03-25-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Attachment removed

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Hello alex198555

Early results with Delete added. ( See images)

Image "place" forward testing
    Image "after" shows buy order triggered and sellstop deleted.
    Image "backtest" is backtest showing once one pending order opens the other deletes.

The "Delete" upgrade will be posted here later.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

Nice work! Please, keep it up!

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Hello alex198555

EA completed.

Remember this EA was programmed to show how to automatically place OCOs at the price of the traders choice including stoploss & takeprofit level and once one order is triggered the opposite order is deleted. Any member unfamiliar with placing Stop/Limit orders will find this EA useful on a demo account in learning how to place such orders.

Few tips.

Buystops must be above current market price and equal or above Brokers minimum limit.

Sellstops must be below current market price and equal or below Brokers minimum limit.

Buylimits must be below current market price and equal or below Brokers minimum limit.

Selllimits must be above current market price and equal or above Brokers minimum limit.

When changing the price value(s) remember to place the decimal point in its proper place.

Testing Stop orders requires Stops = true - Limits = false.

Testing Limit orders requires Stops = false- Limits = true.

Testing more than one currency pair requires Magic1 & Magic2 to have completely unmatched numbers placed (any number(s) will do as long as none match)

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.240
    Thanks

Thanks. Are you sure that it is completed one and there is no bugs. I mean if I can use it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast