New York 10:27 AM London 3:27 PM Tokyo 11:27 PM Sydney 12:27 AM
                  Online: 1443    Threads: 58,003    Posts: 1,800,298 Members: 7,148  FXO Forum Shares: We Buy $1.528 | We Sell $1.5753

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

Default Trading with 2.5g modem

Hi fxopen forumites,
    i have a modem that can access a broadband network using a 2.5g technology at a download speed of up to 256kbps . But i'll like to know if fxopen trading platform can run conveniently on it. Some of us will know that nigeria is a place where internet is very costly to access to compare with some other civilised countries.
    Share on VK Share on Facebook Share on Odnoklassniki Share on MySpace Share on Twitter Share on LiveJournal Share on Google+ Share on Ya.ru Share on Mail.Ru

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    Hi fxopen forumites,
    i have a modem that can access a broadband network using a 2.5g technology at a download speed of up to 256kbps . But i'll like to know if fxopen trading platform can run conveniently on it. Some of us will know that nigeria is a place where internet is very costly to access to compare with some other civilised countries.
    Hello mali

Welcome to the forum.

I found this on the internet:

MT4 platform recommends:

Windows / 2000 / XP / Vista
    2 .0 GHz or faster CPU
    512 MB RAM (1GB recommended)
    Screen resolution 1024x768 or higher
    Modem/connection speed 36.6 Kbps or faster
    Internet Explorer version 7.0 / Mozilla FireFox 2.0 or later
    I'll look into FXOpens website the first chance I get for more possible answers.

Looks like your computer will run the FXOpen platform. You'll need to check RAM usage.

My GHZ is 1.99
    My RAM is only 224 MB but the platform works for me.

I'm a BT broadband UK customer.

If using windows go to your control panel and click on the system icon, it should open in General window. You'll find the setting there.

Hopefully someone might point you in the right direction before hand.

Update:

Hello DragonSky

Thanks for your input, I didn't know about wireless/cable/ my broadband is cable
    Last edited by ilearn2t; 07-21-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Updating thanks to DragonSky
    Share on VK Share on Facebook Share on Odnoklassniki Share on MySpace Share on Twitter Share on LiveJournal Share on Google+ Share on Ya.ru Share on Mail.Ru

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

I suggest to avoid using a wireless network internet and go for the cable/wired internet for better connection. Other than that, make sure your PC/Laptop/Phone Device meet the MetaTrader 4 system requirements and you will be fine.
    Show me the money!

Malaysian - Open Standard & Micro Account Now

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

Thanks ilearn2t, i think that helps a lot.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mali View Post
    Thanks ilearn2t, i think that helps a lot.
    Hello mali

Any other question you need answered best place to post http://forum.fxopen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202 grab yourself a thread and post till your heart is content.

But late on here tonight for me to advice/help.

I'll never have given you most of the details without DragonSky's advice/help.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

Hi fxopen forumites,
    i have a modem that can access a broadband network using a 2.5g technology at a download speed of up to 256kbps . But i'll like to know if fxopen trading platform can run conveniently on it. Some of us will know that nigeria is a place where internet is very costly to access to compare with some other civilised countries
    it will work. i used to do with a 9kbps modem. MT4 does not requre too much bandwidth.
    If you manage to get a fixed line better for you.

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

2.5G means GPRS EDGE so it's means 380 kb/sec

it's very very enough for MT4, i'm from turkey and sometimes using MT4 mobile on my cell phone with GPRS EDGE. It's very useful.

Bullish
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

i think bandwidth dont matter. what matters is ur brokers speed in execution. i hate it wen i try to close or open but an error appears "MArket trade context Busy"

Piplet
    FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $0.000
    Thanks

i've started using it and it serves me well. Anyway thanks for your support and encouragment

FXO Shares
    FXO Bonus
    $2.756
    Cashed
    $90
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kermens View Post
    2.5G means GPRS EDGE so it's means 380 kb/sec

it's very very enough for MT4, i'm from turkey and sometimes using MT4 mobile on my cell phone with GPRS EDGE. It's very useful.
    Hello kermens

GPBS (EDGE) or Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution is a device to allow your mobile to receive input such as the data needed to apply forex to your mobile.

The speeds will differ depending on what modulation scheme (MCS) you use.